We are seeking talented and highly motivated candidates for Intern II position to join our Ion Torrent Research / Kit Development team. This position offers the opportunity to contribute to development of Ion Torrent DNA sequencing technology, which is rapidly changing the speed and scalability of DNA sequencing for research and clinical science.
The successful candidate will integrate and validate reagents, protocols, and instruments to support Ion Torrent product development with the objective of meeting product requirements for customer use. The candidate will apply molecular biology laboratory skills to execute Ion Torrent DNA sequencing protocols, collect and analyze the data. This position entails working with a team of experienced scientists and interaction with software and engineering teams. The abilities to meticulously document and communicate results to diverse audiences are important aspects of this role.
- Perusing B.S. in molecular biology, biochemistry or equivalent disciplines.
- 3-6 months laboratory experience
- Experience in nucleic acid analysis including PCR amplification.
- Basic skills in statistics.
- Knowledgeable about using pH sensitive assays and instrumentation.
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
- Ability to work independently and in coordination with a team of scientists.
- Ability to multi-task and have good time management skills
- Should be flexible with changing plans and schedules
- Self-starter, highly-motivated, quick learner, strong communication skills