Job Title: Staff Scientist, Cell Biology
Location: San Diego, CA
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Research & Development, Affymetrix eBio
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Characterize, validate, and commercialize new reagents for multi-parametric Flow Cytometry.
- Independently develop complex primary cell models for characterization and validation of new reagents.
- Support validation of reagents on novel instrument configurations.
- Communicate effectively and work efficiently with team members across the organization to track and support projects through development.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently to meet product release timelines.
- Collaborate with departments across the organization to resolve technical issues and support products.
- Prepare and present written and oral reports to manager, extended R&D teams, and senior leadership.
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the department, as assigned.
- Ph.D. degree in Immunology or related life science discipline with a minimum of 1-2 years of product development industry experience; or Master's degree in the same area with a minimum of 2-4 years of product development industry experience; or a Bachelor's degree in the same area with a minimum of 5-8 years of product development industry experience.
- Must have experience performing multi-parametric, Flow Cytometry studies, including advanced intracellular staining procedures.
- Must be familiar with digital cytometer instrumentation and be comfortable optimizing and modifying filter sets.
- Must be able to independently design, plan, prioritize, and execute project tasks and experiments.
- Capable of independently troubleshooting and optimizing technical protocols and procedures.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and being flexible to meet changing priorities.
- Must be highly organized and have strong project management skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a multi-disciplinary team to provide technical direction and to support a positive work environment.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.