We are looking for an energetic communicator with a strong knowledge of internal communication practices and vehicles to help connect employees to the company’s mission, division’s businesses and each other. As part of the group’s communications team and in partnership with the division leaders and HR, we’ll rely on your creativity and skills in developing communication deliverables that highlight the division’s goals, strategy and successes. You’ll help to create leadership messages to share information about various programs, organization updates and other important initiatives. You’ll also work closely with the Director of Change Management, HR and senior leadership in producing communication deliverables for change-related initiatives, and you’ll partner closely with senior members of the communications team on strategic communications initiatives. You’ll report directly to the Director of Internal Communication with a dotted line to the Vice President of HR for the division and be based in Carlsbad, CA.
- Working with the Director of Communications in conjunction with division and HR leadership, deliver on established internal communications mechanisms to drive employee engagement.
- Support the division president and other division leaders on drafting leadership messages, video blogs, video interviews and other leadership communication mechanisms.
- Provide communications support and guidance for employee engagement initiatives.
- Support change management initiatives under the direction of the Director of Change Management and HR leadership.
- Draft articles that highlight division and team successes, products and technology.
- Create content for town hall presentations, manager communication decks, intranet, radio shows, videos and digests to help achieve above strategic responsibilities.
- In partnership with HR, write, review and edit organizational announcements and other communication as needed, ensuring appropriate corporate processes are followed.
- Manage items related to the group internal communications strategy as needed.
- Minimum four years of experience in corporate or employee communications, with an emphasis on project management and content creation.
- Expert writer, editor and communicator.
- Excellent PowerPoint capabilities.
- Undergraduate degree in communications, journalism, or similar discipline.
- Experience in business social media platforms such as Yammer, intranet content development and other communication technology.
- Ability to work autonomously and comfortable with interfacing with senior leadership
- Sense of humor, enthusiasm, risk-taker, resourceful, and technology savvy.
- Willingness to travel to Thermo Fisher sites for content generation.