o Stockroom / POU management, dispensing of product, and direction / coordination of affiliated stockroom activities.
o Perform on-site program replenishments and disbursements.
o Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
o Remove cardboard and trash as needed (detrashing).
o Deliver direct shipment orders to end users.
· Sourcing/Order Management:
o Perform order entry, order expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of backorders.
o Facilitate vendor and customer interaction, problem resolution, executing 3rd party & agent buys.
· Chemical Management:
o Receive, register and track all chemical containers throughout the facility.
o Perform routine audits of chemical inventory database.
o Provide chemical inventory reports upon request.
o Distribute chemicals throughout facility and upon request.
o Follow all safety guidelines related to the handling and movement of chemical containers.
· Glassware Washing:
o Daily pickup of dirty glassware from labs, wash and sterilize and redistribute to satellite storage areas.
o Provide glass washing and sterilization services maintaining a constant supply of clean and sterile lab glass.
o Maintain glass wash schedules and is flexible to handle emergencies.
o Perform inspection of glassware for cracks, breaks, and scratches contacting the Supervisor/Manager/Team Lead with all pertinent information for replacement.
o Maintain glass wash statistics as decided upon by Thermo Fisher Scientific and customer.
o Maintain inventory of glassware in locations throughout the facility.
o Maintain required supplies for glassware washing and sterilization operations.
o Follow all GLP/GMP guidelines as required.
· Media Preparation:
o Monitor stock levels and prepares routine lab reagents, buffers, tissue culture materials and any other solutions, requested by end users.
o Prepare custom media and coordinate with scientific staff on formulation and troubleshooting as necessary.
o Follow all GLP/GMP guidelines during the preparation as required and maintain appropriate records.
o Perform autoclaving/sterilization of liquid materials as required.
- 1-2 years of similar experience is required
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must possess a High School Diploma
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment a plus
- Must display a high level of confidentiality for both the customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics 4I Values
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
· Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
· Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
· Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
· Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
· Must be able to use a computer and possess basic skills in Microsoft Office suite of software.
· Works primarily at customer locations, in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
· Extensive walking is required
· Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs
· May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc)
· Must be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
· Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
· Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
· Must be able to work overtime as required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.