The Global Product Manager: Sensititre panels /QC and stains will be responsible for the Sensititre veterinary Panels, QC and stains portfolio. A great opportunity to be in a role central to our focus and strategy around Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing (AST) and the market’s increasing needed in regulatory compliance and focus on Quality in laboratories.
- Develop a clear overview of the product range and activities that maximize sales growth over the current trend.
- Seek and realize opportunities for product line extensions, regional market penetration and product rationalization to improve the impact (higher revenues and margins; reducing complexity).
- Support, develop and implement strong new product business cases based on a solid fact based analysis.
- Ensuring a succinct, compelling value proposition for product range(s).
- Strong contribution to overall revenue, margin and unit goals of defined products – proposing sales and budget guidelines and assumptions then consolidate and critically review submitted regional sales plans, accurate demand forecasting. Identifying opportunities to maintain and grow revenue and margin.
- Support the development of global tools for implementation of strategies ensuring particular relevance to ‘top potential’ markets (ability to focus efforts on achieving results).
- Support sales to reach targets.
- Contribute to training programs that enable capability and confidence to over-sell specific products in the range. Critically review training outcomes including sales impact.
- Define user and market needs working closely with customers, sales, regional marketing and R&D to develop defined new products that solve customer challenges
- Co-ordinate product technical data – data, features, benefits and proof – building momentum post launch as well as a compelling customer value proposition at launch.
- Develop product launch and product focus plans, in collaboration with marketing management and regional marketing; including networking through the Thermo Fisher organization to identify products and workflow solutions that strengthen our strategic plans.
- Demonstrate cross functional communication to ensure continuous improvement in line with the demands of the customer.
- Support and manage product launch plans including cross-selling plan. Supporting regions during and after launch process; Ongoing care and support of specific product ranges; supporting and fostering strong relationships with key opinion leaders and experts in the field; monitoring customer satisfaction; lost-and-won-order-analysis; competitor activities; new customer needs and sales support materials.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a scientific discipline (e.g. biology, molecular biology, microbiology).
- Minimum 2 years experience in product management – with a strong track record of commercial achievement preferably in applied markets (e.g. clinical, industrial)
- International work experience is highly valued.
- Demonstrate a strong track record of achievement built from market/ customer focused knowledge, marketing concepts and practices.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Track record in managing both complex personal tasks and team work.
- Strong customer focus with a demonstrated track record of successful customer interactions.
- Experience in time and project management. Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills/ leadership skills. Able to lead and influence others – technical and commercially focused both - tenacious and driven to succeed.
- Strong technical and business credibility with the organization and customers. Ability to present high-level information to multiple audiences, including scientists, executives, and non-scientists. Excellent presentation, communication and influencing skills.
- Self motivated having track record in driving to results.
- Strong collaborator, able to thrive in a matrix organization.
- Ability to travel up to 30%, domestically and internationally
- Strong commercial track record in product management ideally from product conception through commercialization
- Track record of achievement in sales training, education and collaboration with sales teams.
- Experience consumables life cycle management and launch processes.
- BS degree in microbiology, molecular biology or related biological field.