When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, Thermo Fisher Scientific gives our people the resources and opportunities to make fulfill our mission to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Experienced operations and business executive required to lead a multiple sites system manufacturing equipment for use in the life sciences industry. The position will report directly to the Vice President, Global Operations for Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Laboratory Products Division located in Asheville, NC. Responsibilities include an intense focus on meeting customer needs in demanding regulatory and research environments, ensuring each site functions at peak efficiency with proper communications and interfaces, developing the operations and manufacturing leadership teams while ensuring delivery of high quality products.
The goal of this position is to ensure that Thermo Fisher Scientific’s customers receive the highest quality products, on time, and in an efficient manner. To achieve this goal requires innovative leadership, a highly motivated workforce which pays high attention to detail and the ability to identify, develop and implement robust harmonized processes, procedures, and methods. The successful candidate must be able to create and maintain a culture across the North America sites demonstrated by every employee, every day which shows a stringent commitment to quality, assurance of supply to customers, self-motivation, and a dedication to continuous improvement. She/he will work closely with operations directors and functional leaders to drive continuously improving manufacturing performance.
- Establish and improve mechanisms to ensure the manufacturing organization provides the required products in a timely, cost effective and quality manner to the Laboratory Products Division.
- Establish mechanisms to ensure high levels of collaboration across sites and global functions and readily assess resources across the manufacturing organization to define and execute priorities.
- Provide thought leadership to leaders to achieve goals and create a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
- Establish key performance indicators that drive change and visibility to the team and leadership and drive performance of the manufacturing organization to achieve and exceed financial targets through quality, cost efficiency and productivity.
- Track, trend, and monitor routinely with active data analysis to target and drive results and manage budgets, schedules and key operating metrics.
- Develop a succession strategy and improve bench strength by facilitating and mentoring manufacturing organization leaders to be both exceptional players and coaches.
- Coordinate the hiring, training, coaching and annual performance reviews of operations leaders. Define and establish clear objectives and expectations, routinely provide direct feedback for performance management and development.
- Identify projects and recommend appropriate course of action to prioritize and execute to maximize profitability, supply, and on time delivery.
- Execute robust Risk Management practices to maintain high probability of project success, i.e., satisfaction of scope, schedule and budget.
- Ensure effective transfers of new products into production that meet all requirements for the classification.
- Oversees the Materials Management, Logistics, SIOP, Process Engineering, Facilities Maintenance, Continuous/Lean Improvement teams, and partners with Finance & HR to serve as chief Customer Advocate.
- Interacts with the Division Sourcing organization as required to maintain cost-efficient availability of materials and supplies, and achievement of inventory objectives.
- Accountable for the overall financial performance of the North America sites, focusing on revenue recognition, cost management, working capital management, and cash flow objectives.
- Develops and manages in accordance with an approved budget, maintains a system of internal controls, and holds the overall responsibility for safe-guarding assets and oversees the Capital Budget for North America sites including planning and recommending investments to drive cost reduction, productivity improvement, and process controls to ensure quality of all products.
- Serves as Program Champion for LEAN Enterprise programs driving continuous improvement and standard work across all organizational elements of the Enterprise using Key Performance Indicator metrics formats, balanced scorecards, and other systems of maintaining measurement and accountability.
- Consistently demonstrates Role Model Leadership, and assists the Human Resources function in developing and executing sound HR programs that drive workforce motivation and employee allegiance, and meet the Company’s goal of being An Employer of Choice.
- Continuously responsible for working and leading in a collaborative manner and promoting cross-functional teamwork and business efficiency while maintaining superior levels of customer service.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science. An MBA or significant P&L management experience desired.
- A minimum of 10 years manufacturing leadership showing strong career progression.
- Experience in managing multiple manufacturing operations and experience with multi-national business are also preferred.
- Experience in fabrication, assembly, and testing of Low-Volume-High-Mix electro-mechanical products is preferred.
- A record of success in driving continuous improvement and rapid customer response through closed-loop feedback systems is required.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
- Superior leadership skills with demonstrated ability to effectively manage and develop a diverse team of people, and facilitate effective cross-cultural business inter-action.
- Financial literacy sufficient to understand Financial Statements, Budgets and P&L.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of software and understanding of ERP systems, SAP a plus.
- Must be self-motivated, with a bias for action.
- Must be able to travel up to 35% in North America and internationally.
This position is approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com