The rentals technician is responsible for performing activities to ensure the timely and satisfactory service and repair of Thermo Fisher Scientific rental equipment to meet customer requirements
- The position has three core duties:
- Rentals- to ensure consistent and accurate calibration, maintenance/service, and repair of our rental instruments in a highly responsive and reliable manner.
- Service- to assess, evaluate and repair our rental instruments and those of customers which involves liaison with all internal and external service personnel..
- Customers- to foster commercially positive partnerships with internal and external customers in a professional manner by providing advice and technical support for rented products in a timely manner.
- Maintain/clean, calibrate and service, rental and customer-owned equipment to high standards aiming for a customer satisfaction rating of 100%.
- Perform to designated goals of turn-around-time, response time, repair rate and customer expectations.
- To be proactive in finding acceptable solutions in the case of customer disputes and/or equipment failure.
- Contribute to and make recommendations for the continual improvement in the procedures, quality and efficiency of the rentals and technical service area.
- Ensure that the rentals process is managed using the Rental Management System from reservations through to completion and billing, including logging of ‘turndowns’.
- Timely and effective handling of customer service enquiries and orders – providing pricing, goods availability and technical information as required in the company’s ERP system, MasterPack.
- Work with all relevant sales and customer service employees to ensure the effective delivery of the rentals business.
- Technical qualification in electronics, instrumentation or mechanical-related field.
- Practical product repair experience and detailed product knowledge.
- Experience in the environmental or scientific field is preferred but not essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to apply numeric and literacy skills to tasks
- Problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and quality orientation.
- Ability to resolve conflict and facilitate strong teamwork.
- Computer skills and ability to pick up ERP systems.