Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Waltham
- Responsible for leading efforts within the Financial Reporting space for Thermo Fisher Scientific that are focused on overall process improvements. The initiatives will span all Segments, Divisions, and Regions, and will involve evaluation of problematic processes and local systems, offering up solutions for short-term and long-term resolution. Leveraging the PPI philosophy this role will constantly evolve as the needs of the organization change by driving continuous productivity. Other functions within the responsibility of this role are to evaluate and assist with improvement of processes associated with AOP, Forecast, and Close cycles.
- Assist in the full project lifecycle for the implementation of a global Hyperion Planning application, taking into consideration the unique requirements of the various Divisions who will participate in the environment, leveraging PPI to drive a solution that is effective and scalable within the organization.
- Application of process improvement routines to assist with day-to-day administration of activities associated with the AOP, Forecast, and Close cycles.
- Identify, design, develop, and implement fixes and enhancements to existing production applications. Provide technical expertise during requirements gathering and analysis, document technical designs and support manuals, and drive test and deployment processes.
- Make solution decisions with the goal of optimizing end user experience and overall solution performance.
- Develop training materials and conduct training with new users, managing the coordination of learning delivery and logistics.
- Proactive communication with Corporate and Divisional Finance leadership around opportunities for process improvements, not only observations about current opportunities, but observations that identify future implications of current environments as well as proposed systemic upgrades.
- Perform and support analysis and managerial reporting activities.
- Participate in IT-driven initiatives such as disaster recovery testing, infrastructure upgrades, Corporate security projects, etc.
- BS/BA in accounting/finance and/or management information systems or applicable experience
- Five plus year of experience managing Financial Systems
- Understanding of one or more of the following technologies: Hyperion Financial Reporting, Calc Manager, Smartview, Essbase Studio, Hyperion Planning, Data Relationship Manager (DRM)
- Reading/writing SQL code for complex calc scripts
- Strong understanding of consolidation and forecasting/budgeting processes in a large complex reporting environment
- Experience in supporting global stakeholders and large end user community base
- Strong business writing / communication skills
- Familiarity with master data management, business processes, and system design
- FP&A background with ability to understand complex financial models
- Exposure to BI/ETL tools and processes
- Knowledge and use of relational database concepts and designs
- Process improvement mindset with tangible examples of practical solutions to business problems, leveraging technology
- Sound familiarity with Disaster Recovery, Security Controls, and Infrastructure Models
- Experience participating in projects implementing Hyperion EPM applications (Hyperion Planning an added plus) leveraging full lifecycle management processes and methodologies
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Previous Hyperion EPM suite experience
- Location – Waltham, MA
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time