When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Job Title: Account Manager II, Gurgaon
Introduction to the Division /Function
Bio Science Division is part of Life Science Solutions Group. This role will have great exposure & importance with lot of support from the larger commercial & cross functional teams.
Role Description (Purpose of the role)
Account Manager is a techno commercial role responsible for promoting and developing LSG business with specific focus on Consumables, Bench top Instruments in the region.
- Responsible to achieve or exceed the sales plan by maintaining existing business and
develop new accounts under molecular biology segment
- Drive sales activities, generate Leads and to close opportunities identified in your region
and exceed revenue goals.
- Execute a business plan for managing assigned territory and product workflow annually.
Develop presentations and customer proposals including structuring appropriate
payments and contract milestones.
- Support marketing programs in the territory as assigned
- Maintain contact with existing customers to promote new products/cross sell, close deals and grow sales, as well as develop new clientele.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the features and benefits of competitive products.
- Responsible to play an active role within assigned region to develop a working
knowledge of funding, market dynamics & end-user needs where 80% of clientele would be research and 20% would be academia/private organisations.
- Scope of the role would be managing Delhi and Northern region (J&K)
- Masters in Life Science stream/Biotechnology with 4 to 5 years of relevant industrial exposure.
Skills and Experience
- Sound technical knowledge of life sciences product segment, western workflow process
- Prior experience and sound understanding of workflows in molecular biology.
- Must be willing to improve on knowledge base, including product information as well as other relevant scientific knowledge.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.