Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts advanced troubleshooting to repair, test and qualify instruments located at assigned territory sites.
- Schedules and manages preventive maintenance and unscheduled visits to instrument sites.
- Determines correct inventory levels of repair parts with supply lines.
- Documents repair/ resolution of customer calls in SAP system and escalates issues to management as needed.
- Works with Technical Support to resolve quality issues and advise of issues and developments.
- Keep management advised of issues and developments.
- Ensure instrumentation is in compliance with regulatory requirements and quality control standards.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
- Working knowledge chemical and/or microbiology handling techniques.
- Understanding of proper use and operation of electronic testing equipment.
- Knowledge of inventory and procurement systems.
- Ability to interface with internal and/or external customers.
- Solid computer skills.
- Time Management Skills
- Strong mechanical and electronics experience preferred.
- Manage and troubleshoot complex technical issues with hardware, firmware and software.
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License and maintain a clean driving record.
- Biomedical Engineering Technologist or Electronics Engineering Technologist diploma (3 years) from an accredited institution OR an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- minimum 2 years related field experience with direct customer interaction, preferably in a laboratory setting.
- Ability to manage a large territory and perform repair and support of laboratory equipment including but not limited to Trek and Bax systems.
- Flexibility to travel
- Bilingual English and French
- Position will require 20%-50% travel
- There may be on-call duties
- Overnight stays could be 1 to 3 nights a week