Responsibilities and Authorities
- Review and analyze Maintenance, Repair and Operation (MRO) requisition from various Department and Source for competitive Supplier to support Indirect Material and Services for the Production and various supporting Functional Department.
- Review end users MRO or Indirect Material requisition, prepare and issue Request for Quote (RFQ). Incorporates Technical, Quality, Contractual and schedule requirement in the RFQ. Issue PO to Supplier and expedite to ensure Material is delivered on time and at the most cost effective manner.
- Performs negotiations when a fair or reasonable price cannot be determined by adequate competition or a Single/Sole price, schedule, Quality and applicable terms and conditions.
- Review and convert Purchase requisition for Third Party Purchases to support end of Quarter Revenue.
- Maintains a Safe work environment by and ensuring Compliance with safety objectives and Policies are adhered to by the Contractors. Ensure Contractors complete pre-approve questionnaires and Quality, Environment, Health and Safety performance evaluation are complete.
Diploma/BSc in Production Engineering or Business Studies or equivalent.
Area of experience
Number of Years
Purchasing or Materials Management
Familiar with SAP or E1 MM applications
Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) experience.
4. Competencies preferred
- Procurement / Planning and Analytical Skills.
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills to manage relationships with Strategic Suppliers and all level of people from peers, colleague and Senior Management.
- Work independently and self-motivated.
- Knowledge of SAP/ E 1 MRP and PC software applications skills.
- Good problem solving and independent decision-making ability.
- Absolute integrity is essential.