As a Senior Site Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
This position is focused on service delivery excellence for Unity Lab Services. Specific activities relative to the job function include: inventory management, order management, chemical management, quality control and special handling processes. This position will utilize the functionality of systems and applications relevant to the job function, such as: RIMS, SAP, other procurement applications, and the Microsoft Office suite of programs. Customer interface communication skills are required. It is also expected that this position will have a basic understanding of the performance metrics applicable to site specific activities.
Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties. Makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements, independently. Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met. Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems. Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team. Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times. Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies. Utilizes systems as required by job function.
Job-Specific Duties may include:
- Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.
- Able to work effectively independently or with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Inventory Management:
- Stockroom / POU management, dispensing of product, and direction / coordination of affiliated stockroom activities.
- Perform on-site program replenishments and disbursements.
- Perform stockroom scans, remote inventory management transactions, order expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of backorders.
- Facilitate vendor and customer interaction, problem resolution, executing 3rd party & agent buys.
- Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Perform inspections for expired material.
- Follow all safety guidelines related to the handling and movement of chemical containers.
- Remove cardboard and trash as needed. (DETRASH)
- High School Education required.
- 1-3 years customer service experience.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Proven track record for excellence in interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills, critical to this role which works directly with internal and external customers.
- Self-motivated, stress and pressure resistant, positive attitude, proactive within job function.
- Highly organized, attentive to details, have strong prioritization/time management.
- Good attendance record.
- Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word a must. PowerPoint a plus)
- SAP experience as well as inventory management experience is a plus.
- Understands key metrics and performance indicators. (measure, impact, etc.)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities, ability to quickly absorb new concepts and handle multiple priorities while functioning in a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, flexible.
- Other duties as assigned.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or sciences strongly recommended, minimum HS Diploma required
- Requires strong customer relationship skills, proficiency in both verbal and written skills. This position requires an individual who must be able to communicate with various levels of the organization including daily and frequent interaction with the customer and end users.
- Good analytical skills are required to be successful in this position. This position is required to work closely with the customer and attend various meetings and training sessions required by the customer.
Works primarily at customer locations, in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments as well as an office environment
- Extensive walking is required
- Must be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
- Depending on area of building, specific training and/or personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
- Must be able to work overtime as required
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.