Job Title: Drafter
Location: Logan, UT
Reports to: Manager, Product Engineering
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Create and modify simple bioprocess container chambers and assemblies according to marked up drawings and/or simple instructions
- Utilize AutoCAD Mechanical in creating product drawings using predesigned blocks and following bioprocess container design guidelines
- Operate within PDM Enterprise (electronic file management system) to check drawings in and out maintaining accurate drawing versions and histories
- Utilize Master Control (document management system) to pull specification numbers and complete training sign offs
- Use predefined templates to create specifications associated with each design defining manufacturing, packaging, labeling, sterilization, and certification requirements
- Effectively communicate with team members
- Proactively participate in the companies continuous improvement programs
- Practice Thermo Fisher Scientific’s core values, Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement in all daily activities
- Associate degree, Technical Drafting degree, or two years drafting experience with High School Diploma/GED
- Competence with AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks applications
- Successful completion of on-site AutoCAD test
- Competence in Microsoft and other office application software
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills
- Ability to create/modify drawings based on daily expectations while maintaining quality of work.
- Strong ability to work in a team environment, collaborate with colleagues and share workload as needed to provide quality customer support
- Attention to detail
- Organize priorities to meet customer deadlines
- Support 24hr/7day a week global operation
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.