- Coordinates cross-functional teams and executive sponsors. Facilitates controlled pipeline identification, planning, and implementation, leveraging lean leadership tools and standard work (8-step, PDSA)
- Leverages, trains, and enforces standard work following PPI Business System
- Partnership with Finance in balancing productivity and improvement project budgets, obtaining approvals
- Acts as the voice of PPI as role-model leader. Proactively communicates the benefit of PPI Business System to executive committees and the organization.
- Removes roadblocks and obstacles through facilitated learning, uses structured problem solving and a consistent and robust sponsor escalation process
- Ensures actions and commitments between Thermo Fisher Scientific China and the global PPI organization are aligned, with engagement from all.
- International Best Practices and Local Maturity Assessment
- Business System Implementation
- Develop cascading goal tree for client organizations
- Visual boards and mobile KPI management systems
- Establish standard work for PPI administration
- Savings and productivity tracking
- Project participants training
- Process manager training
- Executive sponsor training
- Facilitation Support
- With the PPI Director, identify large scale improvement opportunities for process automation, digitization
- Create action plans with executive stakeholders, budget and impact analysis
- Assemble stakeholders, moderate complex problem identification and solution proposals through process mapping
- Organize and host Kaizen events
- Bachelors Degree; preferably in Business, Operations, Computer Science, Finance, or Organizational Behavior
- 5 years of relevant industry experience, with 5 years management experience in a consulting environment, six-sigma preferred
- Proficient in Chinese and English language
- PMP certification a plus
- MBA preferred
- Good communication skills across all organization levels, including excellent interpersonal skills
- Embodies role-model ethical standards
- Ability and experience making data-driven decisions across business functions
- Proficient in Windows based office software, MS Project, Minitab are a plus.
- 20%-30% travel
- Drives for Results – Consistently meets goals and objectives with increasing focus on stretch goal attainment.
- Written Communication Skills - Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles in order to achieve impactful results.
- Technical (continuous) learning - Demonstrates the mental agility to acquire new concepts and business acumen rapidly and has an aptitude for building comprehensive industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Presentation Skills - Is effective in a variety of settings: one-on-one, small and large groups and up and down organizational levels.
Negotiation skills - Understands the dynamics of negotiation centered on achieving the highest value for stakeholders.