Quality Assurance Supervisor
Lelystad, The Netherlands & Lissieu, France
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Provide Management and Supervision for the Quality Management System at Lelystad and Lissieu and work closely with all departments and functions to promote processes that ensure consistency, continuous improvement and compliance with quality and business requirements.
- Provide Management and Supervision for the Quality Systems and maintain the appropriate level of customer service. Has the ability to write clear, coherent internal business communications / reports. Formally presents results of work.
- Non Conformance Reports and monitoring reporting performance and trends.
- Problem solves identification of root cause and implementation / follows up of corrective procedures and preventive actions to ensure timely resolution of such problems.
- Ability to perform internal audits as required according to site and global plans.
- Use auditing as a proactive tool for improvement as well as compliance and challenge existing practice where appropriate.
- Timely completion and follow up through to closure of CAPA actions.
- Measuring and monitoring of performance against agreed KPIs.
- Collate and share information / data across the sites as appropriate through reports and follows up on identified improvement opportunities.
- Actively contribute to the success of the overall QA team and the sites.
- Actively participates in the GSD Quality organisation
- Actively participate and/or drives EU/Global QMS improvements as required.
- Degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and USDA requirements.
- Quality Assurance / Auditing experience in a chemical, pharma or manufacturing industry.
- Experience in the following - training, validation, problem solving tools. Understanding of statistics based management & procedure is preferred.
- Excellent MS Office skills in particular Excel (Trackwise and Statistical Software or comparable experience)
- Ability to perform routine duties with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work on a variety of assignments at one time.
- Ability to recognize deviation from requirements and standard practice and understanding associated risks is essential in role.
- Good communication skills (spoken and written)
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.