The role is accountable for Microarrays, NGS and qPCR revenue plans and must be able to create new demand in areas that we as a company may have not experienced. This covers Biobanking, Pharmacogenomics and Precision Medicine projects. At the same time they are in charge of slowing down the decline in Agrigenomics by leveraging the joined portfolio and taking share in Genotyping by sequencing.
Responsibilities include creating, implementing, tracking and reporting performances of the sales plan, targets and forecasts. Drive the company’s genotyping solutions by working with marketing and global business units. Partner with local distributors and sales teams to identify and develop potential leads.
The role is home office based in Germany, Austria or Switzerland.
Additional responsibilities are:
- Create and present weekly and quarterly regional forecasts
- Direct the growth of business by capturing new accounts/business
- Identify and nurture Key Opinion Leaders
- Build relationships with customers to promote penetration, retention and loyalty
- Generate, qualify and close sales leads
- Prioritize projects and resources
- Provide market intelligence that influences the strategic plan
- Identify competitor activities and develop tactical activities
- Coordinates with Marketing to deliver updates
- Participates in process and operation improvement opportunities
- Responds to internal and external inquiries
- Complies with company quality management systems, policies and procedures
- Masters in Molecular Biology or related field
- First sales experience strongly preferred
- Solid background in Genetics
- Very good communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in German - written and spoken as well as very good English language skills
- A PhD would be beneficial