Responsible for selling, servicing and promoting all existing and new Microbiology Division products to the Industrial Research market segments. This includes but is not limited to pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, academic and government testing labs within the US as designated by the Regional Business Manager, Industrial.
- Responsible for developing strong major account relationships at all levels of management for the purpose of growing sales of MBD product lines in the assigned territory. Develops and coordinates sales presentations and manages account development.
- Develops a territory business plan as well as a key account strategy for each major account assigned; monitors and reports progress regularly. Monitors business progress and advises MBD management of results. Takes corrective action when needed to ensure that goals are met.
- Implements and successfully utilizes the Consultative sales strategy consistent with the organization’s long term sales and profit objectives.
- Negotiates pricing and contract terms with customers. Acts upon final approval from the Regional Business Manager, Marketing and Finance. Provides the primary interface between the company and assigned accounts.
- Coordinates with internal departments and authorized MBD Distributor partners to develop and implement timely contract launches and renewals.
- Identifies product gaps and long-term business opportunities.
- Facilitates the management of key business relationships and negotiates potential business opportunities for the company which is consistent with its long-term industrial account strategy.
- Report any new competitive activities and/or products to the Regional Business Manager or Marketing Department.
- Works with Marketing, Sales and Operations in developing the most effective distribution, inventory system and procedures to service industrial accounts.
- Work closely with Distribution partners in developing joint targets within industrial accounts where appropriate.
- Attend sales meetings, conventions and training programs as required by the Regional Business Manager.
- Accountable for maintaining CRM as well as monthly reporting and forecasting in an accurate and timely manner.
- Constantly strive to improve selling skills, product knowledge, knowledge of competition, and how Thermo Fisher Microbiology solutions best fit the customer needs.
- Utilize IConnect to insure open dialogue with other business units within TMO to better position ourselves within industrial accounts.
- Conduct one’s self as a professional representative of Microbiology Division, remembering that your conduct and appearance will be judged by our customers and the general public and that in many cases this will be primary only contact with the company.
- Possess BS or BA degree in Medical Technology, Microbiology or life Science field or equivalent experience.
- Possess working knowledge of laboratories through work history or previous sales experience.
- Prior sales experience in the life sciences, with demonstrated successful sales track record.
- Works independently and in a self directed manner
- Ability to gain consensus and work as part of a team; brings all resources together to successfully develop new business and maintain existing business
- Experience using CRM desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required
- Strong presentation skills required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary
- Travel throughout assigned territory as necessary
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.