The CE & Safety Specialist position will focus on selling controlled environment products and services to the CE marketplace in a predetermined number of accounts nationally. The incumbent will be responsible for sales and marketing of CE & Safety products within a predetermined geography. He or she will work in tandem with the Safety and Research Account Reps, Industry Directors, Supplier Reps and any other Fisher entity in order to drive sales of CE & Safety products across the assigned territory.
This position will be based in Ottawa and will be remote (work from home/field) with a 20%- 25% travel requirement, depending upon territory geography and business potential.
- 50% Safety Specialist (Eastern ON & Atlantic Provinces)
- 50% CE Specialist (National)
- Oversees CE & Safety business at customers in an current territory of approx 1M to 3M.
- Identify and capitalize on areas of large business potential in the Electronics, Biotech and Pharmaceutical markets.
- Interact with and facilitate knowledge transfer of applications and product attributes to general sales force, Account Mgrs, RVP’s and IDR’s and others.
- Maintains and develop customer relationships.
- Assists with identifying resource needs across multiple locations within geography.
- Assist the end user community in purchasing appropriate products for their applications.
- Act as technical consultant for focus products, as necessary. Prepare and present customer demonstrations and sales calls.
- Assist with RFP process (Proformas, Proposals, Cross-organization coordination)
- Assist with identifying target profitability and assists with implementation plan.
- Forecasts for total CE customer spend and coordination of locations within specific geography.
- Assists with direction to reps on expectations for servicing accounts (visit frequency, special services)
- Reviews CE activity by location, visits individual sites as needed.
- May have specific account maintenance responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strategic selling, negotiating, presentation, analysis and financial project management skills required.
- Ability to work both independently and with our RSD sales force and suppliers.
- Strong technical understanding of cleanroom/controlled environment procedures, theory, and trends.
- Candidate should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Sales leadership skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- BA /BSc
- 7 years of progressive experience
- Distribution and/or manufacturing experience in the CE & Safety industry.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or licensure/certification.
- Sales experience with large accounts and territories. Relevant clean room experience is essential.
- Joins (and is a participating active member) in at least one CE industry association.