Job Title: Factory Automation Sustaining/Maintenance Supervisor
Requisition ID: 45993BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
This position is responsible for planning and directing the administration of policies, programs and procedures for this location’s factory automation sustaining and maintenance functions including production equipment maintenance, repair parts/stockroom maintenance, process improvements, capital projects, and compliance with OSHA safety regulations. This hands-on position is directly responsible for ensuring optimum equipment performance with an emphasis on reducing down time through the use of preventative maintenance and process improvement programs. This position will be responsible for the selection and training of technicians who are capable of executing maintenance programs in a manner that ensures limited downtime, and efficient manufacturing operations.
- Responsible for all Factory automation on the manufacturing floor.
- Be a proponent for all safety regulations and a leader in practicing good safety standards. The position is responsible for maintaining and enforcing safe working practices by all maintenance department staff.
- Provide hands-on technical expertise to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment as needed; leading the maintenance team to completing repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible while maintaining safety standards.
- Develop and maintain a recordkeeping system that retains information on equipment down time that includes when and why a breakdown occurred, and exactly what steps, parts, equipment, and/or tools were used to return equipment to service.
- Develop and maintain written programs on production equipment that include preventative maintenance schedules and critical spare parts lists. Leading the preventative maintenance process, defining processes, driving improvements and achieving KPI targets
- Develop and maintain a team of motivated, productive and positive maintenance technicians by selecting, training, coaching, counseling and taking appropriate corrective action when needed. Proactively identify and correct training deficiencies.
- Identify issues and problems within systems. Work with other staff as necessary to define and resolve problems as well as continuous improvement recommendations. Identify and make improvements through upgrades, modifications and new installs.
- Maintain accurate records of equipment status and all events affecting the operation of equipment. Ensure all preventive maintenance items are completed on time and are accurately documented.
- Prevent extended production down time through the development and organization of a stockroom that maintains an inventory of critical repair parts; along with a method for requisitioning the replacement of used parts.
- Responsible for staff scheduling to include: work assignments, training, vacations, breaks and overtime assignments.
- Coordinate with outside contractors, vendors and consultants as needed to obtain information and/or quotes for necessary equipment installation or repairs.
- Liaison with production managers/supervisor to ensure little or no down time on production equipment. Monitor and advocate quality control.
- Perform additional duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field Preferred but not required
- 2+ years hands-on maintenance experience. Two or more years of experience in manufacturing preferred.
- Prior managerial/supervisory experience that includes training and development of staff members.
- Position requires a well-rounded individual with strengths in all phases of manufacturing maintenance to include a strong electro-mechanical background, hydraulics, pneumatics, conveyors, motors, PLC’s, and the ability to read schematics/prints.
- Ability to read and comprehend oral and written instructions, prepare and present clear and comprehensive written reports. Ability to work calmly and effectively in high stress situations. Ability to present information in one-on-one situations to plant management.
- Must be computer literate with the ability to proficiently use Microsoft Word, Excel, and other programs as necessary.
- Ability to analyze situations and adapt quick, effective and reasonable courses of action with due regard to the maintenance program and the circumstances of the situation.
- Must be able to work any hours of the day to include weekends as needed to successfully perform the job. This is a hands-on position that will require a Supervisor willing to work alongside the team.
- Must be able to comprehend, read, write, and speak English.
- The position requires the ongoing use of PPE which includes ear plugs, lab coat, safety glasses, safety shoes and gloves.
This position is not approved for relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.