Job title: IT Manager, Global Manufacturing Operations
Main purpose of job: Responsible for management of a team of System Analysts and Developers within the Global Operations Manufacturing IT organisation.
Other leadership requirements include strong business facing skills and behaviors. Partnering with business operations, IT staff, and customer support to enable continued operational excellence and profitable growth. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success through inspirational leadership, operational efficiency and business focus. This will include managing the execution of daily support tickets and enhancements as well as participating in/leading regional and global projects.
As a critical role within our organisation, based at a multi-mix manufacturing facility the successful candidate will be part of the IT Global Operations Management team working with the other IT leaders to provide cross functional business partnership to ensure strategic planning and development of IT systems which enable the business to achieve its goals.
The IT Manager will be responsible for:
• Creating a framework with their business partners for agreeing key IT projects, scope, cost, timelines etc
• Consulting with the business on a regular basis providing input where applicable to assist the business/strategic decision making process
• Liaising proactively with all IT teams and Leadership to ensure delivery of enhancements/projects
• Management and implementation of various Regional and Global Projects
o Oversight of project progress
o Participation in IT projects up to and including leading projects
• Effective management of tickets to meet agreed SLA targets
• Managing the priorities of the team to ensure business priorities are met
• Consistent application of policies and procedures
• Driving a work environment where the highest standards of delivery are the norm.
• Embodying a ‘One team’ mentality and fostering a ‘One Team’ culture
• Undertaking any other tasks/duties as may be reasonably required
• Desire to lead a high performing team
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to motivate and persuade others to effect change
• Strong analytical skills with an ability to identify problems, trends, develop solutions and implement a course of action
• Demonstrate understanding of QA / QC process, tools and test methodologies
• Experience and understanding of the complete SDLC with emphasis on Agile or Waterfall methodologies.
• Experienced in driving effective change management, application and systems support processes
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to stay calm under pressure
• Experience in support Manufacturing IT systems preferred.
• Experience in IT validation a plus.
• Life Science industry background is a plus