The Healthcare Market Division (HMD) offers a broad array of consumables, diagnostic kits and reagents, equipment, instruments, solutions and services for hospitals, clinical laboratories, reference laboratories, physicians’ offices and other clinical testing facilities. These products are manufactured by Thermo Fisher and third parties. The division is based in Houston, Texas and manages over 22,000 active customer accounts, 80,000 products, 2900 suppliers, 13 distribution centers and 3 customer service locations generating over $1B in revenues.
District Sales Manager position to manage multiple HealthCare Division field sales reps in the East Region Area reporting to the Region Vice President. This position is critical to achieving forecast sales goals and provides integral support component to the HealthCare Division's Goal Tree objectives and strategic sales planning for the calendar year. This position will also support employee development by communicating openly and driving continuous learning for field sales reps.
• Strategic support for larger accounts including sales calls in Hospitals and Laboratory settings.
• Focus overall direction of selling/training initiatives towards strategic selling.
• Assist and coach sales reps to develop, support, and implement customer-specific action plans.
• Support field sales reps on compensation, forecasts and expense plans.
• Provide continuous performance related feed-back to the field sales reps.
• Participate with peers in team and Practical Process Improvement (PPI) projects.
• Perform Skill Assessment of individual representatives in district.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 2 plus years experience in sales management
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
• Goal and Objective Management skills
• Customer Relationship Management tool preferred
• Coaching and Leadership skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Pass all required Vendor Credentialing for Hospital / Lab access
Minimum 50% Air and Vehicle Travel Required
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.