Job ID :
France - Remote / Field
Industry Director Industrial Segment
- Drive overall business strategy for industrial segment in France, Iberia and Italy; coordinate with Business Development Manager to align strategy and initiatives, with Marketing on segment dynamics and trends, overall strategy and resulting value proposition and with Strategic Pricing on market dynamics affecting pricing strategy for large customers in the segment.
- Create/evaluate target lists for business development or share of wallet gains; measure and monitor execution against targets and maintain a detailed understanding of market dynamics that impact plans/strategies
- Responsible for relationship (including senior level relationship coordination), strategy and overall account management at allocated large European, Global or strategic industrial customers.
- Ensure account strategy and activity is aligned with overall segment strategy, focussing on overall value proposition.
- Responsible for all program account development activities including definition of account strategy, execution and management.
- Achieve or exceed sales and margin/profit targets for assigned regions and allocated accounts by driving delivery of share of wallet, new business opportunities and portfolio development.
- Responsible at program accounts for communication of value proposition and value-added programs and services; resource coordination; pricing and profitability; coordination of RFP response and RFP avoidance strategy.
- Effectively communicate with field sales teams and responsible for managing tactical execution of account and segment strategy, initiatives and sales plan.
- Manage multiple segment-specific customers; including strategic business development customers.
- Develop and maintain relationships at senior levels in customers, Fisher Scientific, Thermo Fisher Scientific and suppliers.
- Coordinate with Sales, Segment-Marketing, Supply Chain and Finance to support account and segment specific initiatives and contribute to the business forecasting and planning process.
- Bachelor’s degree (in a Science preferred); MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience; background in science and the industrial market segment preferred.
- Advanced strategic thinking, conceptualizing, selling, negotiating, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish, maintain and grow senior-level customer relationships across multiple geographies, cultures and across customer functional areas such as Sourcing, Production, Research, Facilities, Quality Assurance and Quality Control, and Materials Management.
- Knowledge of the channels (distribution) business, to include value added service offerings, preferred.
- Experienced in working in international environments across Europe / globally.
- An ability to coordinate needs assessments across locations and an ability to deliver a comprehensive value proposition which includes all of the company’s capabilities.
- Understanding of the business drivers for the industrial segment in general.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM a must
- General Management experience not required, but a plus.
- Embodies the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I Values (Acts with integrity. Achieves results through intensity, innovation, and involvement)
- Builds Customer Allegiance (Delights and ensures trust with internal and external customers)
- Communicates openly (Communicates honestly and effectively with subordinates, peers, manager, & senior leaders)
- Drives Growth (Shows passion, commitment, a strong results focus, and an understanding of the goal tree)
- Leverages Business Acumen (Makes profitable business decisions, incorporates contingency planning into strategies, and makes data-based decisions)
- Builds Organizational Relationships (Promotes collaboration, builds teamwork, and leads by example)
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Strong leadership skills, especially in a matrix environment, and a clear demonstration of Thermo Fisher core values.
- Demonstrated business acumen to understand executive level business drivers and communicate an appropriate value proposition to meet the customer’s needs.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- French and English full professional proficiency. Multiple European language proficiency desirable.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Travel to European customer locations 50- 60%