Sales Representative – Chromatography – Central Canada
We are seeking a Sales Representative to market our Chromatography Instruments and Products (HPLC, GC and IC) portfolio to customers in an assigned geographical territory. In addition to selling these product lines, this individual provides customer support and manages the territory/customers as a business with responsibility for profit and revenue growth. This role involves outsides sales and support logistics and includes regular travel within the region. Additional travel to attend diverse training regimens and conferences is also required.
Reporting to the Canadian Sales Manager, the Sales Representative is expected to work closely with other sales colleagues present in this and other territories and factory/support resources staff to increase sales of Chromatography instruments, accessories and consumables. In addition, it is also desired that the Sales Representative work closely with the Mass Spectrometry (LSMS) Sales Representatives to increase sales of Chromatography instruments with Mass Spectrometers. Assist in identifying and qualifying opportunities for LC-Triple Quadrupole (QQQ) and Orbitrap/Exactive GC Mass Spectrometers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for creating and developing specific account and territory strategies while promoting the sale of all company products and services within the assigned territory
• Schedule visits to current and prospective clients/customers. Set-up demonstrations (live and/or web enabled) and seminars
• Make sales calls, give technical presentations, demonstrate instruments/products, represent company in the field and sell instruments/products
• Qualify sales leads, answer inquiries and maintain accurate records of activities using approved CRM software. Compile quotations and other pricing information using approved quoting tool
• Attend sales meetings, maintain an outside sales office, and an up-to-date database of clients for opportunity pipeline management, forecasting, and CRM purposes
• Assist in the technical response to bids and tenders
• Maintain positive relationships with headquarters personnel for service and/or technical support, and client/customer purchasing agents
• Serve as a channel of information to the business about customers, markets and competition. Receive guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from the business
• Act as company consultant for problems and provide initial support to solving those problems related to company products or instrumentation
Other Preferred Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain the highest level of knowledge of our chromatography portfolio through factory training and self education
• Maintain a similar knowledge of competitors product portfolio and positioning
• Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelors Degree in Chemistry/Biology/Physical Sciences, or equivalent experience required
• 2+ years sales experience required, preferably selling capital equipment in the analytical instrument market
• Knowledge of HPLC, GC, IC or Mass Spectrometry instrument business would be an asset
• Familiarity with sales territory is preferred
• Effective interpersonal, listening and presentation skills
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and problem solving skills
• Ability and willingness to learn current and new technology
• Ability and willingness to stay abreast of technological advancements
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 60% of the time
Sales territory is focused on Central Canada and includes the Provinces of Saskatchewan and Manitoba and Northern Ontario. This position would be home-based, with frequent overnight travel (up to 60%). Preferred locations are Saskatoon or Winnipeg. Open to a home base location in the Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton and surrounding area if the candidate brings forth sales and technical experience in the chromatography or associated field. And/or familiarity with the defined sales territory.
This position is not approved for relocation assistance.