This is a great opportunity for a Lawyer looking to transition into a commercial environment. The successful person will assist our ANZ business in negotiating and drafting commercial contracts (including terms and conditions of product sales and purchase), service, marketing, distribution, license development, consulting, government and OEM agreements.
Experience with supporting a business in a regulated industry such as medical device manufacturing, pharmaceutical or hospital is desirable but not required.
- Proactively provide legal support to the ANZ organization
- Provide training and coaching to the ANZ organization on a range of matters, including commercial contracts, product liability issues, government contracts, anti-bribery, marketing, and other compliance matters
- Provide ongoing advice and support principally related to commercial contracts, proposals, RFPs, and RFQs, including the drafting, review, and negotiation of contracts
- Provide leadership and legal advice on a range of legal and compliance matters, including; government contracts, commercial antitrust, marketing, anti-bribery, fraud and abuse, products liability and data privacy
- Lead, anticipate and drive solutions for a range of legal and business issues
- Provide advice regarding customer, supplier and other commercial/business disputes
- Monitor and administer contract review as well as other approval processes and policies
- Registered to practice law in Australia
- Mid-top tier training in private practice
- Some In-house experience strongly preferred
- Strong analytical ability and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to develop process driven solutions
- Ability to manage relationships with international stakeholders
- Direct experience with commercial contracts and general commercial law background
- Experience in some of the following legal and compliance areas: government contracts, commercial antitrust, marketing, anti-bribery, fraud and abuse, products liability, and data privacy
- Proven negotiation abilities and business acumen
- Experience developing and implementing legal solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.