Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
We are searching for an Electrical Engineer II that will design, document and assemble equipment control panels, along with providing hands-on control panel wiring and remote troubleshooting.
• Design, document and assemble equipment control panels
• Provide hands-on control panel wiring and remote troubleshooting.
• Understand, initialize, design, trouble shoot and repair AC and DC drives and controllers.
• Tune AC and DC motors.
• Understand PID control logic.
• Develop electrical systems that meet compliance requirements and oversee compliance testing. Make adjustments
to current and new designs to meet compliance standards.
• Understands how to design panel to meet EMC emission requirements.
• Develop, design, & test simple-to-complex automation systems for OEM manufacturing.
• Work with Mechanical Engineers as needed for mechanical integration of electrical assemblies
(e.g., cabinetry, instrumentation, enclosure design, etc.) to complete projects and tasks.
• Document schematics, panel layout drawings, BOMs, ROHS document certification, UL, ETL, CE certificate of
compliance and CE technical files.
• Be accountable for assigned project deliverables, including product quality and schedule integrity.
• Track progress and review project tasks to make certain deadlines are met appropriately.
• Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals.
• Proactively communicate project status, issues & risks to the project team and to management.
• Oversee review of product design engineering for compliance with engineering principles, organization standards,
customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
• Work collaboratively with Operations to ensure seamless and successful transition of engineering projects into
• Establish an environment where continuous improvement is fundamental to the culture.
• Able to travel as needed to customer and vendor sites.
• 2+ years of product development and commercialization design experience as an electrical engineer.
• B.S.E.E. or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and manufacturing drawings.
• Ability to program HMI and PLC computers.
• Ability to create and modify CAD drawings.
• Proficient in AutoCAD.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross functional teams.
• Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
• Excellent communication, leadership, and problem solving skills.
• Familiar with NEC standards contained in NFPA70
• Advanced or additional degree in a related discipline.
• Proficient in AutoCAD Electrical.
• Familiar with SolidWorks.
• Familiar with ePDM
• Familiar with Master Control
• Proficient in programming with the following:
o RSLogix 500 / 5000
o Wonderware InTouch
o Pro-face HMI
o Yaskawa Servos
o Lab View
o Delta V
• Experience with qualification protocol generation and execution.
• Knowledge of cGMP, GAMP.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com