When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Field based position that works at customer or depot sites to ensure customer allegiance by providing installation, preventative maintenance, diagnostic & repair, and validation services that keeps equipment operating safely and reliably. Provides generalist level support to one or more Thermo product lines or applications. Actively promotes service offerings, new products, and upgrades. Refrigeration background with cascade experience and EPA certified.
- Ensures customer allegiance through excellence in repair and support of customers’ products.
- Maintains communication with customer to ensure understanding of status, cost, and scheduling of all aspects of the service event.
Schedules and delivers thorough preventative maintenance service to ensure maximum uptime of customer equipment.
Serves as customer advocate and manages escalation of unresolved customer or technical issues to Management, Service Product Specialists, and Quality.
Provides customer product operation training and technical support to in-house repair technicians as required.
- Supports distribution channel and PSP/ASP network through training, joint visits, technical and product support as needed.
Policy and Procedure
- Submits accurate and detailed service orders, productivity data (hours), expense reports, and quality feedback in a timely manner and maintains records per organizational policy.
- Adheres to all corporate and service division policies regarding safe work practices and service vehicle operation.
- Provide territory cross-coverage and depot repair support as required.
- Supports the Quality System and Quality Policy by following procedures/work instructions and creating records to meet the requirements of the Quality System Regulation and ISO registration.
- Assists Accounts Receivable Department in collecting past due invoices.
- Maintains spare parts inventory, tools, manuals and test equipment.
- Attends new product technical and introduction training, advanced and update training, and regional/national service meetings as required.
Services and Product Sales
- Actively promotes and sells installations, extended service contracts, preventative maintenance, time & material service, service parts kits and consumables, service training, validation, and wireless monitoring services.
- Advises customer of new products and upgrades and passes sales opportunities to account representatives.
- Partner with account representative to conduct joint safety inspections and product shows.
- Support area trade shows by providing set-up and tear-down support when required.
- Keeps up to date on new product introductions, technologies, market changes, competitors’ products and new customer applications
Skills and Knowledge
- Technical proficiency in instrumentation and electronics
- Must have a Refrigeration background and cascade knowledge
- Separation products background a plus
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills; ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Strong inter-personal, self-motivational, & negotiating skills
- Excellent communication skills, working across all levels, functions and regions
Key Competencies and Values
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Soft Selling
- Thermo Values
Key Business Metrics
- Customer Allegiance
- Incremental Service Revenue
- Associates Degree in Electronics or equivalent education or experience.
- Refrigeration & Cascade Experience
- Essential Functions and physical requirements:
- Ability to lift 75 Lbs without assistance 15% of the time.
- Ability to lift and carry 25-30 Lbs continuously throughout the day.
- Ability to bend, squat, stretch, and reach on a daily basis in a service function.
- Ability to travel overnight at a minimum of 10%.
- Strong electrical and mechanical background.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Basic PC skills
- 3 or more years hands-on experience as a Service Engineer, particularly working with refrigeration, or 3 or more years relevant industry experience
- Effective communication skills and ability to establish good customer rapport are essential
- Ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation
- Ability to work independently within a customer location
- EPA certified
This position has not been approved for relocation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.