When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Assemble various types of electro-mechanical equipment from verbal and written instructions.
- Assemble electrical and mechanical sub-assemblies to documented procedures or customer specifications.
- Resolve problems with non-conforming products (mechanical and electrical).
- Implement change, and corrective action, which will result in product and/or process improvement
- High school education.
- 3 to 5 years related work experience.
- Preferred strong mechanical aptitude and experience in a manufacturing setting
- Electrical experience as in wiring panels, harnesses etc.
- Instrumental Technical work is preferred.
Position Specific Criteria:
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and assembly prints.
- Ability to operate various types of hand tools. (drills, grinders, crimpers etc.)
- Ability to solder and de-solder state of the art electro-mechanical devices.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Ability to us Microsoft programs (word and excel)
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds may be required
- Position requires safety shoes and safety glasses.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.