An opportunity exists for a sales professional to support a sales region which includes British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan in the Laboratory Consumables Division of the Laboratory Product Group of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This position offers the right candidate a key position in the Laboratory Consumables Division and will provide opportunities for career development and growth.
The Account Sales Representative is responsible for exceeding expectations for his/her product portfolio in the assigned territory. This will be accomplished by establishing strong business relationships with our current and future client base along with all Thermo Fisher division’s and channel partners and by leveraging those relationships to generate significant new business for Thermo Scientific. In addition, the Account Representative must improve the overall experience the customer has with Thermo Fisher Scientific through the streamlined approach and intense focus on the customer. The Account Representative is responsible for working independently, with our channel partners and with Thermo Fisher divisions to generate and close sales opportunities. The Account Representative will comprehend and utilize product features, benefits and applications accompanied with selling and business-building skills to successfully promote the sale of products in the Laboratory Consumables portfolio. The Account Representative will sell Laboratory Consumables products while establishing customers and developing new opportunities with potential customers. The Account Representative will support sales management plans by achieving sales and profit forecasts, maintaining effective customer relations, and assuring market penetration and profitability.
- Ability to sell products to multiple customer levels within an organization.
- Territory management, focus on key accounts and key areas to drive business directly and supporting distribution channels. Manage full territory utilizing all sales channel representatives.
- Technical expertise on product line is necessary to perform product demonstrations, installations, and application support.
- Provide routine feedback related to technology and customers needs that would be important for new product development.
- Prepares and plans a schedule that maximizes interaction with prospective customers.
- Schedules and conducts product demonstrations to customers using detailed product knowledge and presenting the product first-hand.
- Self motivated to improve product knowledge and sales techniques.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone. Also travels as needed for sales meetings, sales training and tradeshows.
- Prepares expense reports, call reports, monthly reports and forecasts as requested by the Country Commercial Leader
- Sound computer skill.
- Develop and execute Key Account Planning and Development. Identify opportunities for assigned products and resolve any hurdles that may surface.
- Provide marketing feedback from account and dealer visits to include general economic, product, and competitive information.
- Conduct product seminars at customer locations.
- Assist dealer sales people on the assigned product lines in the territory by training, solving problems, joint calls, product shows, etc.
- Develop positive Account and dealer relationships by being responsive and proactive.
- Monitor and manipulate sales data to improve sales efficiency.
- Achieve annual sales target and execute marketing plans as they are announced.
- Conduct regular dealer office visits to monitor sales results, develop, and maintain ongoing sales activities and training of key distribution personnel.
- Provide competitive information such as bid situations, pricing data, or bundling
arrangements in order to establish negotiated pricing contracts for assigned products. Also follow up with dealers or end users to ensure estimated volumes are achieved.
- Attends tradeshows and represents company as requested by the Regional Sales Manager.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in industry, academia, laboratory setting or related field with progressively increasing responsibilities.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral, written, and presentation communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, with initiative and good business judgment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to effectively learn and utilize on-line CRM application
- Demonstrated success in forming interdepartmental relationships
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions and observations from market trends and unit analysis
- Substantiated capability to effectively negotiate and close business
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement (The Four I’s)
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors Degree with emphasis in the sciences
- Willingness to travel to accomplish assigned goals.
- Must have an exceptional understanding of our markets and be knowledgeable of diverse laboratory workflow applications.
- Proficiency in PC software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and i-Pad familiarity
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.