We're seeking a highly skilled individual with experience analyzing data, building models, algorithms, and software for analysis of next-generation DNA sequencing data. The successful candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team developing applications for Ion Torrent DNA sequencing instruments. The candidate will prototype, adopt, improve, develop, optimize and validate algorithms and analysis software to analyze DNA/RNA sequencing data for oncology, epidemiology, pharmacogenomics, metagenomics, and other applications; for example, to detect low frequency variant in blood, to detect gene fusions, to detect deleterious deletions, to detect copy number variations, to detect drug resistance mutations, to detect bacteria species id in blood, etc.
- The candidate will work on applications of next generation sequencing, including some of the following: detection of ultra low frequency variants, detection of gene fusions, detection of deletions and other structural variants, quantification of differential gene expression.
- The individual will contribute to inventing, speeding up, developing, evaluating, recommending, adapting, improving, optimizing, validating, integrating, and presenting these analysis solutions.
- PhD/MS programs in computer science, computational biology, biostatistics, bioinformatics, or similar.
- Demonstration of analytical skills for efficient design of new application, rapid prototyping experience.
- Ability to engage in clear written and oral communication.
- Strong programming experience on a UNIX platform.
- A background in DNA sequencing technologies, bioinformatics, genetics, biology, and/or clinical testing, is extremely advantageous. Strong statistical and computational biology background, previous industry experience, familiarity with common bioinformatics tools, experience with high performance computing, understanding of assay design, experience working in cancer biology or human genetics or metagenomics, are all highly advantageous.
Don't miss the most historical ride in the times of NGS. In 2016 we released ultimately best in industry cfDNA analysis solution for Liquid Biopsies, followed by Immuno-Oncology and Immune-Response Assays, BRCA and Inherited diseases panels. Ion Torrent system is recommended choice by NCI and it is now approved by FDA. Using these products clinical researchers impacted several hundred thousand lives in 2016. Apply now to become the modern surgeon that writes machine codes to cure millions of people from deadly diseases.