Job Title: Regional Marketing Manager - Consumables
Requisition ID: 45954BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
The Regional Marketing Manager has responsibility for executing regional marketing strategy, campaign execution and demand generation for the Consumables business unit. The role will be the key interface to represent Regional Sales marketing needs with Vertical and Business Unit Marketing. This position will develop and drive marketing programs resulting in measurable impact on leads, revenue and market share gains. You will provide regional marketing perspective on market dynamics, competitive opportunities, customer requirements and sales force pipeline needs. Partnering with the Commercial organization, you will also provide direct marketing, web, events, training, new product introduction planning and support to execution, and any other activity aimed at creating and/or supporting conditions for sustainable growth in the region for Consumables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate and align with the Regional Sales Region, Consumables Business Unit (BU) and global marketing to develop annual marketing strategy and plans to achieve revenue and profitability targets.
- Deeply understand the market in each territory of competence and implement specific strategies for business growth in cooperation with internal stakeholders and Commercial Team.
- Execute regional marketing programs targeting segments that drive demand generation, pipeline health and new contacts in these segments. Responsible for adapting global campaigns and programs for execution as well as local communication deliverables, web content and translations to support campaigns.
- Work with Business Unit Product Marketing, the APAC Sales Region and the global teams on developing go-to-market strategy for new product launches (NPIs) to achieve revenue goals and market adoption.
- Implement digital-based nurturing programs and telemarketing campaigns targeted at Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry’s (CMD) install base as well as cold or unqualified leads to strengthen the pipeline.
- Perform detailed analysis and routine reporting to Global Marketing of Region Business performance (i.e. region revenue, unit/solution actual sales to forecast, campaign implementation status and results) so that appropriate actions can be planned. Recommend actions based on seasonality and competitive pressures, key partner performance and issues as appropriate.
- Provide quarterly market and competitive updates pertaining to technology trends, new products, compelling applications or adjacent market opportunities.
- Develop regional relationships with key opinion leaders that can provide testimonials or endorsement for Thermo Scientific solutions to trade publication editors and journalists.
- Conduct regional VOC directly or in collaboration with CMD’s Market Intelligence & Research team to assess the impact of product positioning, brand equity, customer satisfaction and marketing effectiveness.
- Coordinate Quick Market Intelligence (QMI) input for the Region.
- Share best practices, effective regional strategies and high ROI campaign approaches with the global and regional marketing teams around the world.
- Give sales presentations and applications, technical and commercial presentations in support of seminars, conferences and meetings.
- Act as the point of contact for Commercial team on all issues which will drive orders and revenues.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or Chemistry; MS, Ph.D. or MBA highly desirable.
- 8-10 years marketing experience with solid scientific technology and market knowledge.
- Significant knowledge and experience with Consumables or related analytical instrumentation.
- Proven experience and capabilities in regional strategy development and execution.
- Demonstrated results (SRLs) driving targeted campaign initiatives utilizing web, search, social media, advertising and events channels.
- Highly self-motivated leader with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to travel 30-40% (internationally at times).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Capacity to develop a strategic understanding of the Thermo Scientific brand, the life sciences industry, analytical instrumentation, consumables and software.
- Ability to improve marketing ROI and directly impact revenue.
- Excellent strategic thinker with solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan, execute and measure with a strong sense of urgency to drive results.
- Collaborative approach to developing and sharing strategy, tactics and analytics.
- Given the potential interaction across CMD, other Divisions and Corporate, this person will have a strong strategic business perspective, global outlook and excellent communication skills to establish credibility and influence.
- Demonstrates Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.