When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The 3rd Shift Production Supervisor is a newly created, critical role our Laboratory Chemicals Division in Bridgewater, NJ. This position provides leadership during our 3rd Shift. This is a great opportunity to make an impact in a high profile segment of our growing and evolving business.
- Establish daily work schedules for all packaging areas on all shifts.
- Optimize sequencing, setup, layout, and job execution to produce quality product efficiently.
- Track worker performance and packaging line efficiency.
- Lead department to work safely, produce a quality product within environmental guidelines / regulations.
- Maintain a daily productivity / environmental reporting system.
- Identify plant maintenance requirements assuring reliability of equipment and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Direct and supervise Unionized workforce to ensure smooth production operation..
- Evaluate skills of direct reports within the department and upgrade/train or reorganize to assure skill set matches needs of facility.
- Account for all inventoried items, daily cycle counting, monthly work order reconciliation.
- Provide purchasing with daily and weekly parts requirements
- Provide leadership and guidance to all shift supervisors.
- Understanding and commitment to Department and Standard Operating Procedures, recommend modifications and upgrades when required.
- At minimum of 3 years of manufacturing supervisory experience
- High School Degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical engineering or equivalent preferred
- Strong Mechanical aptitude to address issues/problems
- Moderate experience required chemistry required
- Good leadership qualities.
- Excellent organizational ability with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- FDA/cGMP experience a plus.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of, Word, Outlook, and Excel. Experience with Access a plus
- Experience with PRMS or other ERP/MRP system.
- Familiar with Federal and State Environmental and Worker Regulations. Specifically preferable experience/knowledge; NJDEP, OSHA PSM, EPA RMP, DPCC, DOT, NJ TCPA
- Experience leading in a Union environment preferred
- Lean Manufacturing experience preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.