GSS is a team of ~1300 employees including Service Engineers, Field Application Scientists and Technical Application Scientists, Customer Care and Training which generate $250M of revenue with full P&L accountability. The Sr Manager, Finance - GSS plays an integral role and is the business partner to the GSS leadership team. This position provides decision-making support and serves to highlight opportunities to accelerate growth. The Sr Manager, Finance will report to the VP of Commercial Finance and will be will dotted-lined to the VP of Global Services & Support.
- Lead the development and drive the execution of the AOP, with complete alignment with the divisional partners
- Provides financial oversight and business partnership for Global Service and Support leadership team including STRAP, AOP, MBR and Leadership meetings.
- Identify, monitor, and articulate key operating metrics, business risks and opportunities associated with the plan and outlooks to senior management
- Business case preparation and financial analysis/justifications of investment projects, includes financial modeling to ensure appropriate resource allocation and return on investment.
- Implementation and oversight of appropriate systems, control/process standards, and drive continuous improvement
- Leading a team: able to engage and inspire, and, to provide strong development support to direct staff and other team members. The Global team consists of 3 direct reports and 4 indirect reports
- Safeguard company property and assets embedding financial internal controls, compensatory controls and/or risk mitigation plans into the areas of responsibility.
- Champion other ad-hoc projects and initiatives, as assigned or as self-identified areas for improvement.
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting is required; an MBA or CPA is strongly desired
- He/she should have a minimum of 8+ years of progressive experience with at least 5+ years as a manager
- Strong knowledge of Excel (i.e., financial models and analysis), Cognos reporting tool (or equivalent), PowerPoint, and Hyperion is preferred
- Some travel is required ~10%
- Ability to strike the right balance between support and challenge. The successful candidate will be expected to provide an appropriate level of healthy tension to challenge the status quo and to give alternate and sometimes contrarian perspective.
- The successful candidate is personable, highly ethical and thrives in a collaborative environment
- Clear and effective communicator; Can take an highly complex financial information and communicate business drivers and actions in a clear and succinct fashion to the non-finance executives
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and can do attitude
- Is curious, inquisitive, innovative, never satisfied with status quo
- Is authentic, transparent, leads by example, holds self and others accountable