Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and more than 55,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Field based position responsible for performing field sales support account qualification, sales, basic marketing, assist in installations, troubleshooting, customer training, and technical product support for Anatomical Pathology digital pathology and workflow solutions. The successful candidate must have excellent customer service and relationship building skills and the ability to utilize and effectively communicate and perform digital pathology sales and applications functions. This position will require daily conversations with Pathologist about advanced applications for imaging in a clinical setting. The ability to manage complex selling situations with capital equipment is required. Understanding of hospital connectivity solutions and Laboratory Information systems functionality at a basic level is beneficial. The person in the role will both learn and be expected to teach/train new team members on selling and applications for DP within the clinical and research settings. The position requires active collaboration and creation of tools and selling aids with the marketing team. The Senior Digital Pathology Salea and Applications Specialist must also represent the company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
- Interpret and understand customer user requirements, and how they relate to product functionality and performance
- Create and positions appropriate Digital Pathology and Workflow solutions to customers.
- Assist in installation of new systems in order to become more expert at managing software and understanding systems.
- Create marketing and customer support tools in coordination with marketing and OEM partner.
- Take ownership of sales process and closing from the TAMs and other lead generating sales people.
- Report, track and manage all customer opportunities via SFDC
- Reviews available technical literature to maintain an awareness of current DP opportunities and regulatory rules—including appropriate positioning from FDA perspective.
- 5 plus years’ experience in capital equipment sales into clinical and or research environments (Hospital / Pathology / LIS / Connectivity/ Digital Pathology background preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, Microsoft Office Suite proficient to include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Technical writing skills, ability to work with minimal supervision in a laboratory / hospital environment and in the field.
- Ability to work in a field team environment, and must be customer focused with appropriate sensitivity and sense of urgency for customer issues. Customer facing skills are necessary. Excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving, listening, and organizational skills are strongly desired. The position requires an excellent communicator with above average demonstrated troubleshooting skills and diplomacy.
- Up to 75% Travel is required
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree required in a Life Science Discipline, Information Technology, Technology Support,
- Minimum 5 years capital equipment sales into complex selling environment.