When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Job Description: ULS Lab Instrument Support Assistant
Unity Lab Services (ULS), a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, provides integrated solutions, instrument, and enterprise services to our customers. The Lab Instrument Support Assistant is responsible for supporting service activities on customer site. The successful candidate will escort lab instrument service vendors from the security desk to the job site, and provide locally required trainings to such service vendors.. Our ideal candidate will be customer oriented, an advocate for Thermo Fisher Scientific in customer laboratories, and be eager to drive growth.
This is a great entry level opportunity for someone with a desire to apply a strong work ethic, to advance into increasingly complex involvement in site operations, in a position that offers excellent career growth opportunities.
Responsibilities to include but are not limited to the following:
- Escort lab instrument service vendors from the security desk to the job site, and provide locally required trainings to such service vendors.
- Work with service vendors to ensure service reports are obtained in a timely manner upon completion of service.
- Assist site asset manager with asset management activities as requested including but not limited to equipment moves, installs, removals, labelling, and inventory management.
- Assist site Planner/Scheduler with planning/scheduling activities as requested including but not limited to processing service work orders in the computerized maintenance management system.
- Maintain effective relationships with the scientific customer base.
· Comply with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards
· Must have strong interpersonal skills, working with people: customer skills, and be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
· Proficiency in service administrative and business functions.
· Ability to prioritize the demands of the job (coordinating repair calls, preventative maintenance, installations) and maintain schedules to meet requirements.
· Help to resolve routine customer satisfaction problems, as well as ability to work as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives.
· High school diploma/equivalent required. Secondary school or military training is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.
This position (has not) been approved for Relocation Assistance.