Job Title: Regional Sales Manager-West
The RSM is responsible to manage the P&L of the business for the given geography and achieve short-term and long-term Sales Plans, Bookings, Revenue and profit growth objectives. The successful candidate will need to build and maintain a strong sales process and upgrade the organization’s selling capabilities. Keys to success will be a Pro-active approach, nurturing current customer base and expanding the market reach as needed to meet and exceed the AOP objectives.
The RSM will work closely with the team members of the business Unit and the channel partners within the defined territories.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our four premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Life Technologies, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
- Deliver bookings and revenue commitments in accordance with BU- AOP targets
- Evaluate, coach, and develop channel partners covering the territories and deliver strong sales growth
- Directly manage relationships with customers specially the key customers
- Support in development of new markets including but not limited to new segments and new applications
- Drive visibility and accountability through improved sales pipeline, forecast management and leverage sales tools like SFDC (Sales Force) for pipeline updates & tracking
- Own lead generation and qualifying them to the order conversion, right through Product demonstration and commercial negotiations directly and along with channel partners as needed
- Effectively communicate bookings and revenue to the management and organization to ensure visibility into performance and on-time delivery of products and services
- Participate in Trade shows directly and along with channels to ensure a positive lead captures and follow-ups
- BE/B.Tech./University Science Degree required
- MBA/Advanced degree is a plus
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of successful sales experience in selling Industrial equipments
- Demonstrated success in achieving business growth by carrying out sales responsibilities while selling through direct & through distribution channels
- Analytical approach to sales ‘by the numbers’ and Business growth
- Highly motivated to achieve targets with bias for action
- Ideally, candidate need to be self motivated, quickly adapting to the scientific products & confidant of customer driving activities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement (The Four I’s)
- Expected to travel 50% of the time
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.