The BioProduction Division (BPD) is seeking a proven leader to be a key member of the Cell Therapy Business team, leading all aspects of the Cell Therapy operations.
The Cell Therapy business is centered on the technology base in Norway and manufacturing in Vilnius Lithuania. This role will lead the ongoing build out of the Cell Therapy Operations capability in Vilnius, added technical transfers from Norway and new Customer validation and production programs.
The Cell Therapy Operations leader is a member of the Cell Therapy business team and a member of the Bio Production Operations team.
The Cell Therapy business is entering a new phase of growth as we transition from a single customer to multi-customer facility, and as such the successful candidate will need to lead the effort for creating a Cell Therapy Manufacturing system that creates standard work designed to deliver an exception customer experience for current and future customers.
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- Ability to develop detailed annual operating plans, objectives, deliverables and milestones, as well as supporting budget and staffing plans looking out 12-18 months.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with and positively influence internal stakeholders and customers, as well as be an effective constibutor to the Cell Therapy Business team.
- Excellent project management skills and proven track record of running multi-site product transfers and technology transfers.
- A holistic thinker who can look across the Thermo Fisher and Customer capabilities to identify opportunities for creating success.
- Passion for driving improvement and leading change in a complex, global environment.
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching teams.
- Great communicator, including solid written, oral and presentation-giving skills.
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional processes and financial business methods.
- High ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Biology, Biochemistry, or Operations.
- Able to travel periodically; <25%
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
- Leadership roles from disciplines such as Manufacturing Sciences, Operations, Engineering, or Quality.
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods (S&OP, Customer Connections, Strategic Sourcing, etc.)
- Understanding and experience working in ISO13485 and 21CFRPart820 quality management systems a plus
- Understanding and experience in Immunology and Cell Therapy.
- MBA degree preferred.
The company offers:
- The innovative environment of the rapidly growing international company.
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic global organization and work with experienced professionals.
- High performing, driven and supportive working culture and outstanding development possibilities to increase your potential.