Job ID :
China - Shanghai
- Work with organization leaders to deploy PPI Business System in China Operation organization, successfully accomplish goals consistent with business needs and objectives.
- Conduct the PPI initiative across functions which includes driving improvement in CAS through customer delivery & improved quality, as well as cost reduction and avoidance to improve profitability
- Assist organization leaders to challenge conventional thinking and identify improvement opportunities, establish and execute improvement strategies.
- Responsible for developing and teaching PPI methodology, lean tools and concepts to site or organization. As well as coaching leadership team to embrace PPI philosophy in work.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop PPI Roadmaps, driving breakthrough or Best-in-Class performance.
- Provide leadership and technical skills for PPI projects, kaizen blitzes and other PPI initiatives
- Act as a change agent, systematically driving use of PPI thinking and application for continuous improvement and change throughout operations.
- Develop PPI Process Managers to support PPI deployment in whole organization. Through PPI platform to identify and develop talents for fulfill organization development requirement.
- Work with corporate and division PPI VP and Directors create and communicate ongoing PPI Business System strategy, aligned with the Thermo Fisher’s Mission and Vision.
- Identify best practices within the company, and outside of Thermo Fisher, and serve as a conduit for best-practice sharing. Proliferate PPI and Lean thinking throughout the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS Degree
- Fluent in English and Mandarin – both written and oral.
- Demonstrated technical skills in lean tools & concepts with an emphasis on implementation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to coach & facilitate teams
- Demonstrated Five (8) + years lean manufacturing experience – Transactional a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to independently take ownership of initiatives and drive execution through team and in a matrix reporting environment.
- A strong change agent and good leader in demonstrating and promoting change
- Good project management skills.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Skills: Knowledge about Lean concept, Six Sigma or other process improvement techniques. Six-sigma Black Belt or/and Lean Expert is preferred.
- Passion for driving business improvement and leading change in a large, complex, global environment
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods
- Able to travel domestically and internationally; 50%
- Strong background in supply chain management in a Lean environment
- Shingo Award during your management of manufacturing operations is a plus
- Worked in the Toyota Production System (TPS), Danaher Business System (DBS), or other recognized Lean business system
- Fortune 500 experience
- MBA degree