When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As part of the customer training team, the individual in this role will play a key part in expanding our customer education programs in the area of cell biology. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: providing support for, preparing cells and reagents for, and assisting with the delivery of customer classes held at our Carlsbad Training Center. This role will require a high level of experience with mammalian cell culture, including pluripotent stem cells, as well as strong presentation and communications skills. This is a technical role in which the individual will be spending a large portion of time at the bench or assisting customers in the lab.
- Prepare and maintain cell cultures for all cell biology classes offered at the Carlsbad training center.
- Work closely with other members of the training operations team support additional needs and logistics required at the training center, including general lab maintenance and organization.
- Partner with instructors to assist in the delivery of technical training both in the lab and classroom.
- Work with training development team to assist with creation and implementation of a plan to operationalize new cell biology training classes.
- May require minimal travel to other Thermo Fisher training locations to assist with global implementation of training courses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, or Biotechnology.
- 3+ years of direct experience in cell culture and cell biology techniques,
- Experience with basic molecular biology applications such as PCR and gel electrophoresis.
- Experience with maintenance of pluripotent stem cells
- Advanced degree.
- Experience as an instructor.
- Knowledge/experience with gene-editing techniques.
- Expertise in advanced molecular biology applications such as qPCR, Sanger Sequencing, and Next Generation sequencing.
- Experience with iPSC generation and stem cell differentiation techniques.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.