Candidates should have a passion for continually working with new technologies and the desire to rapidly develop prototypes to demonstrate value. They should be flexible to be able to work on multiple projects a year and adaptive to different technology fields. Ideal candidates will have solid software engineering principles and experience building both frontend and scalable backend applications, including database tiers.
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ years relevant work experience
- 3+ years professional experience in software development working on large scale
- distributed systems
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structure, algorithm design and complexity
- Proficiency in at least one programming language such as Java, Python, C++.
- Experience building highly scalable and available web applications on top of multi-tiered systems utilizing Object Oriented Programming, Design Patterns, Linux, Java, Java Script/JQuery, Unix, NO SQL, SQL, HTML/CSS, REST, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery.
- Solid coding practices including good design documentation, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
- Amazon (AWS), Micro Services, Agile Team, AngularJS, Maven, Shell Scripting