With 55,000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we’re helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser focused on delivering our customer value proposition - accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Ensure proper coding of HS, Dual Use (DU) and Country of Origin (COO) for import and statistical use for CMD EMEA commercial offices, for instruments, accessories, software, spares and consumables.
- Work with customs brokers to ensure proper and timely customs clearance of shipments.
- Assist in audit of the customs brokerage process for CMD commercial offices
- Provide support to local trade compliance coordinators in the CMD EMEA commercial offices
- Ensure proper HS, DU and COO coding for all CMD EMEA commercial transactions and relevant master data in SAP
- Work closely with factories to gather the relevant data for of HS, DU and COO coding
- Provide support on trade compliance issues to different CMD commercial offices – and in particular (but not limited to) on customs brokerage issues
- Continuous communication with leadership and affected employees on compliance regulation
- Continuous review of regulatory changes that may have an impact on inbound/Outbound shipping activities. Implementation of change in an expedient manner, to avoid interruption of workflow, penalties and/or fines, or loss of import/Export privileges
- 100% of instruments, equipment, accessories, consumables, software, spares and consumables imported/traded with confirmed 10 digit HS code and CoO
- Yearly audit of all customs brokers used for EMEA commercial transactions – performance metric tbc
- All EMEA CMD commercial offices GTC certified
- Reports solid line into ULS trade compliance officer
- Reports dotted line into CMD Sales Operations Director, EMEA
- Detailed knowledge about the European Customs Code and EU dual-use regulation are a must; knowledge about the US regulations (EAR, OFAC) preferred
- Proven hands-on experience on TC and HS on pan-European level
- Process oriented
- Stress resistant
- Ability to work transactional, conceptual and in matrix structure
- Ability to think and communicate at conceptual level
- Multi tasking
- Communication and language skills
- Influencing skills