Ecublens Site (winner of the Swiss Industrial Site 2015 award) is our Center of Excellence for our Laboratory analyzers business with around 200 people on the site and 200 others working in Commercial Operations around the world focused on Customers and Innovation. To complete our R&D Department, we are seeking a successful experienced and high committed Application specialist.
- Run demos and applications for various prospects and customer groups on Stand-alone XRD
- Develop applications and analytical methods for XRD techniques targeted for materials science research and industrial markets with ARL EQUINOX XRD portfolio
- Participate in seminars and product presentations at relevant conferences and meetings
- Identify key value drivers for Thermo Scientific XRD and promote them during the demonstrations and applications
- Identify synergies between Thermo Scientific XRD products alongside other Thermo Scientific products to uniquely position the X-ray product portfolio
- Participate in training programs for customers, sales and service engineers
- Prepare marketing collateral for effective and successful penetration of the X-ray products in collaboration with Global Product and Applications Managers
- Any other activities that are relevant to Thermo Fisher Scientific’s strategy
- Scientific or Engineering Masters degree (Ph.D. preferred) in Physics or Chemistry or Materials Science
- Knowledge and Expertise in Powder XRD techniques: Instrumentation, software and analytical applications
- Knowledge and experience to support pre-sales and post-sales activities related to applications
- Experience in handling varied and time sensitive jobs related to product support and commercial support
- Fluency in English essential
- Availability to travel throughout Europe and flexibility in dealing with customers, sales persons and other priorities
- At least 3-5 years of experience in dealing with analytical instrumentation
- Enthusiastic and open minded approach to deal with various types of customers and applications
Thermo Fisher Scientific's values will enable you to evolve according to your personal and professional expectations, in trustworthy and long-term relationships. Our dynamism will provide you real challenges to achieve, as well as a real opportunity to build your career in the passion of accomplishment.
Our diversity is our strength. We encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.