POSITION SCOPE/ KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Work with product marketing managers and sales staff to ensure Life Technologies provides excellent customer support for our Genetic-analyzing systems
* Works closely with customers, Global/US applications specialists to optimize application workflows of existing and new applications on genetic-analyzing systems
* Work closely with all other internal functional group to drive customer satisfaction and functional excellence.
* Training of other Life Technologies staff on the applications and technology basics of molecular biology and genetic analysis
* Act as a technical resource for Sales and Marketing
* Provide product managers with applications advice, ensuring products are targeted well and the most appropriate product is sold in order to satisfy the customer’s needs and expectation
* Assist customers to utilize instrument and reagent systems both efficiently and effectively so as to maximize customer satisfaction as well as revenues for Life Sciences Solutions of ThermoFisher Scientific.
* Support the current and new customer base by resolving technical queries quickly and expertly either over the phone or by visiting a customer site
* Facilitate and co-ordinate product trials locally
* Identify market potential and develop new applications for new products and explore new opportunities by closely aligning with field sales and our customers
* Integrate with marketing, sales and support initiatives to drive reagents sales
* Ability to travel extensively within the territory to carry out primary responsibilities.
* Excellent scientific skills in molecular biology study/field, such as in the areas of QPCR, NGS, sequencing and fragment analysis.
* Fluent in English speaking and writing.
o Excellent listening, questioning and negotiation skills
o Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely orally and in writing
o Comfortable in delivering presentations
o Ability to share information clearly and consistently with colleagues
* Self-motivated and engaged
o Able to work effectively across functional groups to meet aggressive schedules
o Able to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity
o Consistently maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm
o A positive, motivating force in the workplace
o Ability to adapt quickly to change
o Excellent time management skills
o Participative and collaborative management and operational work style
* Customer focus
o Ability to think and implement from a customer-centric perspective
* Integrity and Judgment
o Maintain and promote social, ethical and organizational norms in conducting all affairs
o Ability to act responsibly and be trusted
o To make well-reasoned and timely decisions, understanding of consequences.
o Ability to think and act effectively, acting for the greater good of the organization
* Leadership (required for team leader position)
o Acts in accordance with the moral and ethics of the organization
o Strives for excellence and sets good examples for others
o Steps forward to address difficult issues
o Inspires confidence and respect