Reporting to the Sr. Director for Enterprise Architecture and Systems Integrations the Enterprise Architect has senior-level responsibility, working with IT Executive leadership for:
· Overseeing the design, integration and implementation of enterprise class systems.
· Establish, develop and promote the strategies and roadmaps for IT systems and technologies to include standard architectures/frameworks for enterprise applications (e.g., data, application, advanced computing, security, platform, web, integrations, etc.).
· Focus on leading and driving innovation with disruptive technologies and new or reinvigorated business models in order to deliver business outcomes.
· The evaluation and selection of any new technology, application, or platform at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Additional responsibilities include:
· Maintain and improve upon the Enterprise Architecture (EA) process, Architectural technology standards for integrations, Governance of architecture standards and Technology strategy.
· Work closely with the IT PMO organization to ensure the EA governance processes are in alignment with the overall IT PMO process.
· The Enterprise Architect should keep abreast of the latest technologies and technological opportunities across many technologies and platforms. They must understand business needs and roadmaps to enable smart technology strategies for competitive advantage across all of the Thermo Fisher Scientific lines of business (LOB).
· Research, understand, and stay current with relevant business and technology trends and apply them to current Thermo Fisher Scientific business objectives.
Desired Skills and Experience:
10+ years’ experience as an IT Architect with increasing levels of responsibility (i.e. Domain, Software, Advanced Computing, Enterprise) with at least 2 years as an Enterprise Architect.
Extensive experience in implementing Cloud Strategies for the Enterprise (IaaS, PaaS) with AWS and or Azure.
Experience implementing BiModal IT delivery (Mode 1 and Mode 2). Extensive experience with DevOps, Agile, and or WebScale.
Ability to work with Senior IT Executives on the strategy and roadmaps to support the Business strategies from the various LOB.
Candidate must have outstanding leadership and communications skills in order to effectively work with the Senior IT Executives.
15+ years of IT experience, including implementation experience with one or more common enterprise software solutions and infrastructure filling positions of increasing responsibility and management of more senior level technical resources.
Extensive experience in large global business transformation initiatives such as shared services, ERP and CRM platform consolidations and strategies.
Integration experience involving any of: JD Edwards E1, SAP, Siebel, Web Services and/or other ERP packages is required.
Deep understanding of SDLC, IT Change Control processes, Deployment Methodologies and Application Server Life Cycle Management is required.
Thorough understanding of, Web Services, data modeling, and enterprise application integration concepts, including experience with Enterprise Integration tools such as ESBs and/or ETL tools, and common design patterns with specific boundary systems (e.g. CRM, ERP, DW, eCommerce).
Programming Experience with any of: Java/JSP, ASP .NET, PHP, HTML, XML or other Programming Language is a plus.
Proven ability to analyze, design, and optimize business processes via technology and integration, including leadership in guiding customers and colleagues in rationalizing and deploying emerging technology for business use cases.
Demonstrate excellent, context-specific communication and presentation skills across a variety of audiences and situations; established habit of proactively and ability to self-start/learn/manage.
Team player with strong listening and interpersonal skills; strong desire to take on constructive feedback/coaching and make definitive changes; self-awareness and the ability to adapt communication and interaction styles to best suit an audience, situation, or desired outcome.
Detail and quality oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
Demonstrate a desire and proven action in learning new technologies. Stay current on existing ones, pursuing experience and certifications in leading edge or primary technology areas.
Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or have 15+ years equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.