Job Title: Scientist III - Mass Spec Reagents
Location: Rockford, IL
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Protein Biology
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Leads projects in support of development of new products and evaluation of new technology.
- Designs and performs laboratory experiments independently
- Serves as Technical Leader on R&D projects of increasing complexity and number
- Gives effective scientific presentations
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of relevant fields and techniques
- Independently writes technical methods for production, testing, and use of new products
- Attends scientific conferences and presents work through posters and publications
- Supports other departments such as manufacturing, technical service, and ASL by providing scientific guidance
- Contributes well considered ideas for new products and improvements to procedures
- Presents proposals and project updates to the NPC Steering committee
- Other duties as assigned
- BS degree and 5+ years of experience, MS degree and 3+ years of experience, or PhD
- Applies in-depth specialty knowledge within subject area to complete assignments of diverse scope; contributes to the development of new plans, models, standards and techniques
- Designs, plans and conducts laboratory experiments in support of new product development
- Understands interaction of multiple products offered by business unit and how customers use the products
- Leads projects of limited scope; provides training and constructive input to team members
- Solves problems in complicated situations through the application and integration of analytical skills, creatively and judgment
- Utilizes appropriate scientific principles and divisional policies to solve a variety of problems
- Identifies and resolves concerns with data and in experimental designs
- Adapts communication to accommodate audiences diversity and may communicate internally at higher levels
- Writes technical or business communications including papers for external publications or presentations
- Presents complex problems across functional areas, within similar product lines and businesses
- Interacts regularly with peers, subordinates, functional peer groups and customers
- Impacts business performance and operational efficiency through the delivery of results
- Deliverables contribute directly to the success of the program schedule
This position is NOT approved for relocation benefits.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.