Job Title: Feasibility Scientist – 12 Month Fixed term contract
Requisition ID: 44821BR
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Applying theoretical knowledge of Biochemistry/Organic Chemistry/Cell Biology/ Biotechnology or Chemical engineering, assess the feasibility of new custom cell culture media, supplements, and reagents. Design and develop new custom media formulations resulting from the scale-up existing prototypes or through customer inquiry and application requests. Develop batch master records/work instructions to allow the conversion of raw materials to finished good in the production of media formulations. Support and engage in the transfer of technology and media products in various formats to associated manufacturing sites and networks. Identify, investigate, and develop solutions to customer issues (internal and external) in media design, production, and quality using data, statistical analysis and experimental design.
- Issue primary feasibility assessments on Custom Cell Culture Media chemical formulations, conduct process development, scale-up and transfer of technologies to cross-functional teams for production.
- Develop process / product specifications to achieve the highest quality in production.
- Make detailed observations and conduct statistical analysis of data in support of product and process quality.
- Maintain accurate notebooks/files in accordance with Media Network standards.
- Advise management teams of factors that may affect quality, accuracy and usefulness of data, and interpret experimental results.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve cell culture media manufacturing processes and techniques to improve protocols, processes and equipment.
- Engage in high performance work teams to sustain a culture of operational excellence, continuous improvement, and productivity.
- Comply with all company safety, quality, and training procedures and regulations.
- Report all non-compliance and support, engage in, and potentially lead teams assigned to making improvements.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor or Master's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other related discipline with the equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Requires experience in a work environment with a Bachelor’s degree with relevant laboratory/practical work.
- Buffer/reagent development and manufacturing experience preferred.
- Must have excellent time management, highest degree of quality and attention to detail, and communication skills.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com