Job ID :
US - California - South San Francisco
- Global responsibility to develop HR strategy, solutions and strategic workforce plans that align to the business and functional strategy and objectives.
- Facilitates organizational diagnosis and metrics to drive organizational effectiveness through talent and organizational capabilities and culture.
- Acts as a catalyst for change; guides and directs organizational design, development and change management solutions.
- Develops robust talent management plans and drives culture change initiatives to attract, retain, develop, and engage talent in critical roles.
- Coaches senior leaders on complex leadership and HR issues including development, engagement, and talent performance and issues which could have the potential to create a competitive advantage for the business.
- Builds organizational capability through development and/or facilitation of appropriate senior leadership team (i.e., leadership and team effectiveness, goal development and alignment, manager capability, etc.)
- Keeps abreast of industry, market and functional trends, and leverages these insights to develop appropriate business unit HR strategies and solutions.
- Evaluates work requests from across the organization and determines prioritization in collaboration with the business and in alignment with the HR model.
- Manages HR resources and priorities, commissions HR solutions via the Regional HR teams, Corporate and Group Centers of Excellence and/or third party vendors, as appropriate, aligning to business and HR goals and leads successful implementation of initiatives.
- Helps guide Center of Excellence (COE) owners in the shaping of appropriate and innovative HR solutions.
- Ensures activities throughout the region are core, common and consistent.
- Stays abreast of changes in HR law and important issues which could impact the business and shares knowledge with business and HR teams.
- Represents HR on BU leadership teams and BU leadership on HR Leadership teams.
- Ensures fairness and organizational consistency with our 4-i Values in everything we do.
- BA/BS required, MA/MS preferred
- Senior Human Resources generalist from a large multi-national company with 10+ years of successful experience and a minimum of 2 years as senior HR business partner supporting executives in a global business unit.
- Highly preferred: Experience from multi-national highly technical life sciences business with a strong emphasis on innovation.
- Experience as a strategic business partner with credibility as a trusted advisor and confidant to senior management on business issues and business strategy with the ability to link human resources as a driver and influencer of business performance.
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands on exposure to the full mix of HR functions in a global environment.
- Must have ability to develop solid and positive professional relationships with senior leadership, subordinates and peers in a heavily matrixed environment
- Experience working with a variety of functions including R&D, commercial (sales, field marketing and service), marketing, product development, engineering, strategic planning, and operations.
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and initiatives have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
- Must have led/been directly involved in significant change management initiatives in prior roles.
- Experience with Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)
- Self motivated; bias for action
- Effective negotiating skills with proven ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to use a high level of confidentiality, tact, diplomacy, discretion and empathy/understanding in a global environment across multiple cultures.
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage short term deliverables concurrent with longer-term strategic milestones
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and manage associated stress.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Executive presence; Strong presentation skills
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Must possess moderate computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and email.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time, as needed.