When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Execution of the Chemical Dispensary Program:
- Interact with Chemical Gatekeepers to locate and pick requested chemicals for onsite order fulfillment
- Coordinate directly with clients to arrange for face-to-face delivery of selected critical chemicals / perishables
- Perform delivery and tracking of incoming chemical packages within a laboratory environment
- Maintain visibility with scientists to provide customer service to identify needs
- Create, review, and maintain various data log sheets (i.e., Delivery Tracking, Time Logs, Issues Log, etc)
- Provide Chemical Operations Support:
- Perform periodic receipt, registration and transfer of chemicals in the chemical database
- Maintain / Replenish the inventory of chemicals within various chemical stockrooms
- Perform monthly Lab Audits of selected areas to measure database location accuracy
- Perform monthly PM testing of database hardware as directed (i.e., scanners/tablets), to ensure data transfer
- Pickup of hazardous waste as directed
- Ordering of stockroom and office supplies as needed
- Assist with various Chemical Mgmt. periodic projects as required
- Provide General ULS Support:
- Perform Area Audits of cross-functional areas within ULS as directed
- Participate and contribute to ULS Practical Process Improvement (PPI) activities
- Generate Safety Observations as appropriate
- Must possess a High School Diploma and preferably an Associate’s degree
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher.
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values.
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment preferred
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Must be able to execute all tasks in a safe and compliant manner at all times.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to a wide range of customers, over a wide range of customer requests.
- Must be able to provide suggestions for corrective actions as needed to drive enhanced customer service.
- Must have and use effective communication skills to interact with clients and team when performing the stated work.
- Must maintain effective interpersonal skills to achieve results in a team environment.
- Proficiency with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Must be able to operate hand-held scanners.
- Must be able to perform rudimentary / basic data entry as directed.
- Have demonstrated initiative in previous work experience.
- Demonstrate tactical thinking that considers the impact on the broader organization.
- Show respect and concern for the well-being and success of others.
- Must be organized and detail oriented to be able to prioritize tasks and meet business productivity metrics.
- Must apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in addressing a variety of routine and non-routine issues.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.