How will you make an impact?
With 50,000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we’re helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser focused on delivering our customer value proposition - accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
European Operational Development Lead - Italy
What will you do?
By joining the Research and Safety Division (RSD), which is part of the Customer Channels Group (CCG) of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will report to the European Director Industry Group - Biopharma, CCG Research Europe.
In specific as Operational Process Development Lead for Europe you will be responsible for partnering with Sales, Customer Service , TPP, Supply Chain, Finance, Quality, Portfolio Management and Marketing in order to ensure the effective cross-functional implementation and the ongoing management of contractual deliverables for existing and new European customers to improve internal and external metrics for commercial execution. To develop processes that are transferable across accounts and across the European organization. Implement a process of continuous improvement.
What will be your key duties and responsibilities?
- Project managing the development, communication, and implementation of SLAs for assigned customers with all support functions
- Work with Customer Service to define customer specific processes (BPR information management) and to set up integration with customer service value added service team where required
- Work with all elements of Supply Chain on SLAs, and ensuring the systems are in place to measure and meet commitments
- Work with TPP on SLA commitments and how we will measure and report
- Coordinate with Practical Process Improvement (PPI) teams, corporate and Research and Safety Market Division (RSD), to ensure alignment of projects and activities. Build and develop SOPs with PPI and Quality teams
- Work with all functional areas to develop processes that can be implemented across multiple accounts across Europe
- Work with Customer Service, Portfolio Management, Quality on management of customer complaints and qualitative customer feedback
- Work with Finance on standardizing customer reporting
- Look at the business processes where we currently have manual workarounds and come up with a plan to build solid automated processes
- Work with IT to build electronic catalogues in acceptable timelines, and monitor regular updates of our existing eCatalogues
- Understand, capture and integrate customers’ expectations of operational performance (continuous improvement)
- Translate regional capabilities (system, process and resource) into realistic commitments for our customers
- Work with NA and APAC to harmonize customer service level and experience where appropriate and practical
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar
- Solid Project Management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer facing experience is a plus
- Good track record of cross-functional Project Management and Change Management
- Financial acumen
- Feel comfortable with cultural diversity
- Excellent command of Italian and English (French is a plus)
- Flexible mindset and open to changes
- Capacity to listen to customer critics and translate it into constructive solutions
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell.
Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.