Job Title: Senior Manager Supply Chain Management
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Position Summary and Objectives
The Senior Manager, Supply Chain Management directs the activities of the combined supply chain team which consist of: Forecasting & Master Scheduling, Production Sourcing & Purchasing, Production and Supply Chain design and execution management.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Establish and institute a master schedule and master scheduling process that satisfies shipping requirements in the most cost efficient manner for sites and the business unit.
- Lead planning of new product introductions, product end of life ramp downs, and service life requirements on all matters related to material availability and exposure.
- Establish capacity requirements, monitors efficiency and utilization, and recommends changes in resource deployment in the supply chain
- Translate marketing and sales forecasts and historical order trends into a production plan to achieve company revenue goals, customer service goals, and lean productivity goals.
- Assure component and capacity availability.
- Manages working capital (Inventory) levels to achieve or surpass financial goals (site & business unit).
- Develop quarterly manufacturing production plan, long term capacity, and inventory receipt projections and communicates with all manufacturing operation personnel and the business unit.
- Manage the Purchasing team consisting of buyers, buyer/planners, and or commodity leaders which handle the daily orders, expediting and internal customer service related to incoming materials.
- Manage suppliers and construct agreements to acquire materials and services on time and complete, from approved global suppliers at competitive costs as required to support the operations and improve the profit position of the operation.
- Lead develop, and enable the global purchasing/sourcing organization to achieve strategic objectives.
- Manage major projects as assigned and the ability to manage projects with multiple sites across various functions with a global perspective.
- Design and analyze supply chain models and scenarios for the different products and sites within the business unit to ensure the implementation and maintenance of the most efficient supply chain possible.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or related field is required. Master of Business Administration (MBA) or other advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years’ related experience, with 5 plus years of people management experience.
- Minimum of seven years related business experience.
- Experience working with suppliers in the major countries and regions of the world (China, USA, East Europe, Europe, South America).
- Strong PPI, Lean and or Six Sigma working experience with demonstrated achievement of continuous improvement through utilization of Lean tools.
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.