Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With annual revenues of $17 billion, we have more than 50,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. Thermo Scientific offers customers a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike.
HR Manager Italy
1. Ensure alignment of human resources processes for all Thermo Fisher employees within Italy. Drive a country approach to integration and harmonization of policies, terms & conditions and benefits. Coordinate with individual divisions and HR pears to recommend alignment changes.
2. Lead local unions and workers council management, in alignment with Thermo Fisher and business strategy.
3. Responsible for staying current on relevant country employment laws and other human resources compliance issues. Update management on policies and processes as necessary so all sites are in compliance with relevant country and local employment laws.
4. Coach managerial/supervisory employees relative to interpretation and implementation of relevant HR policies, procedures, regulations and programs.
5. Provide comprehensive HR Business Partner operational support. Ensure alignment of HR processes with business/site strategic and operating goals. Develop and implement HR strategies, in collaboration with Business Leaders to meet the business needs.
6. Provide coaching and feedback to managers on talent management activities including performance management, training and development, organizational capability assessment, strategy and planning.
7. Support Management teams to facilitate effective leadership, planning, team engagement and participation.
8. Coordinate recruitments in a timely and effective manner in collaboration with Talent Acquisition Shared Services and the hiring manager. Work closely with hiring manager to ensure all new joiners are smoothly and professionally integrated into the business.
9. Counsel and/or coach employees and managers regarding employee relations issues to conclusion in line with company policies and procedures.
10. Be an agent of change supporting management teams, utilizing Practical Process Improvement, Lean and other Continuous Improvement methodologies, partnering with HR Centers of Excellence and HR Shared Services, to provide the best improved, efficient and effective HR support.
11. Support corporate HR processes such as Total Compensation, Appraisal, Human Resources Review processes, annual training, employee surveys etc.
12. Support Managers to effectively communicate and engage with employees including using feedback from the Employee Surveys to promote a positive working culture.
13. Undertake European projects as required.
1. Minimum of 10 years HR Business Partner experience in a stand-alone role within a large International Corporation with strong matrix reporting relationships. Preferably experience of working within an HR Ulrich Model Structure.
2. In depth knowledge of employment law with unionized employee relations experience in Italy.
3. Excellent communication and inter-personal skills. Ability to quickly build and sustain relationships with a range of stakeholders of all levels.
4. Results oriented and passionate about adding value through people processes. Must be able to demonstrate a pragmatic and practical approach to HR with a “Can do” attitude. Must be able “to do” as well as coach, council, and delegate.
5. Good organizational skills coupled with strong project management skills. Ability to prioritize.
6. Able to travel upon request, essentially in Italy, punctually in Europe. Not more than 20%.
7. Language requirements: English fluent.
8. Position based in the Milan area (Rodano site).